Home theater design - Disney style

skr8pn

Mouseketeer
Hello all, been a while....but what's a few years between friends. Me and and the Disney crazy wife have moved across country and now find ourselves in a brand new house, ready to be decorated. I've been tasked and lucky enough to work on the loft which will become a home theater of sorts. I've got all sorts of ideas swirling in my head but one that stands out is a sort of haunted mansion theme. I've heard both the wall paper and carpet are available for purchase or something close enough to do the job. I did find this on another site and its sort of what I'm going for:
http://www.anythingbutplain.com/portfolio/gilded-detailing-on-cabinets

So, after that, anybody have any similar designs or ideas? This could get interesting.

Your first posts were in the middle of the night! At least for most of us.

Where do you live?

And good luck with your design. :)

Sleepless night in northern California. Just moved from the east coast. The ideas have locked onto my brain and won't let go. I was sure I'd see 20 replies this morning. Been watching it all day.

Sleepless night in northern California. Just moved from the east coast. The ideas have locked onto my brain and won't let go. I was sure I'd see 20 replies this morning. Been watching it all day.

If it gets buried on page two, you're sunk! Lol

There was an awesome Pirates themes home theater posted here awhile ago.

Yep, I agree with being shunned to page 2 you might as well give up. Lol

I may have scene that pirates one. It looked like it was on the deck of a ship if I'm not mistaken. Looked cool. Minus $100k, that's exactly what I want mine to look like, ha.

I've got some ideas, just have to sketch them and post them I guess for it to make sense. Wife not currently in the zone S j am for this project. I'll get her there eventually.

Hello all, been a while....but what's a few years between friends. Me and and the Disney crazy wife have moved across country and now find ourselves in a brand new house, ready to be decorated. I've been tasked and lucky enough to work on the loft which will become a home theater of sorts. I've got all sorts of ideas swirling in my head but one that stands out is a sort of haunted mansion theme. I've heard both the wall paper and carpet are available for purchase or something close enough to do the job. I did find this on another site and its sort of what I'm going for:
http://www.anythingbutplain.com/portfolio/gilded-detailing-on-cabinets

So, after that, anybody have any similar designs or ideas? This could get interesting.

I don't have anything similar, but I love the one in that link!

You may want to be careful about the gilding, depending on whether you're planning on blacking out the entire room or if you're getting a projector.

Projectors, which are getting really cheap, will often have a bit of light leakage from the projector or reflections from the screen. This usually isn't a problem, but if the gilding is reflective the wrong way, it could be distracting. I don't know whether flat panel TVs have the same problem with creating stray light, but if you make the room very dark but still have some other small light source, again the gilding could be distracting.

I'm a real amateur at this, so you might want to check one of the home theater forums online to see if I have a legitimate point or if I'm out in left field. We have a projector, but our walls are flat paint and we don't have reflective material at the same level as the screen.

Some very good points Gary. There is a lot of light but Im betting most of my viewing will be in the evenings. Right now Im still kicking around ideas but need to put pen to paper to get it done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter