Home rentals south of the border

jldunbar

Mouseketeer
Anyone with experience with home rentals in Mexico or the Caribbean? Looking for accomondations for an extended family of 13 this winter some place warm
Thanks!!

We've rented in Barbados a few times and here in the US in New England. I would recommend http://www.homeaway.com. They have many different types of properties. Also, this month's Conde Nast Traveler's cover story is about villa rentals, so you might want to pick up a copy. Enjoy!

What type of experience is your group looking for? Beach, adventure, history, cultural?

We love the Riviera Maya, Mexico's carribbean coast, as it offers all.
My family loves renting a car an exploring the area. Check out Locogringo.com for a good overview of all it has to offer. Their accommodations tab shows lots of beach houses available for rental, as well as high end resorts if thats more for your group.

If you are looking for a little less costly option in the area, check out Chan-Chemuyil neighborhood. Not oceanfront, but a great safe neighborhood of mostly US and Canadians just a short walk to a gem of a beach.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

We are also beginning the planning for a family vacation for Xmas 2011 in Mexico. Thinking the Cabo San Lucas area or Puerta Valrata. We are a family of 12. Actually it is our 25th anniversary and we decided that doing this instead of Xmas gifts and a party at home would be fun. It would be older son,wife and child, next son , girlfriend and 2 children, and 2 daughters and boyfriends. Ideally would be a house or villa with at least 5 bedrooms. Maybe 2 places with the same amount of bedrooms in a resort area. It might be wise to do all inclusive. We have never been to Mexico so we are completely in the dark about where to look and how to go about renting a place. Not even sure what the cost might be. I think the airfare looks reasonable but what about the rest. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

We are also beginning the planning for a family vacation for Xmas 2011 in Mexico. Thinking the Cabo San Lucas area or Puerta Valrata. We are a family of 12. Actually it is our 25th anniversary and we decided that doing this instead of Xmas gifts and a party at home would be fun. It would be older son,wife and child, next son , girlfriend and 2 children, and 2 daughters and boyfriends. Ideally would be a house or villa with at least 5 bedrooms. Maybe 2 places with the same amount of bedrooms in a resort area. It might be wise to do all inclusive. We have never been to Mexico so we are completely in the dark about where to look and how to go about renting a place. Not even sure what the cost might be. I think the airfare looks reasonable but what about the rest. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

We are from MN also. Looking for the same thing as you only for 2010.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter