home made shirts can you wear em at the park?

discomouse

"We are the closest we've ever been"
I’m new to this and just started to get the Disney bug.... Were doing a grand gathering, and are planning on making shirts for everyone. The shirts will have the mouse logo on it somehow. I’ve heard rumors that you may be asked to remove or turn you shirt inside out by cast members is this true.... The shirts obviously will not be licensed by WDW. I tried to search the formus for other post but could not find any so if this is a repost please be kind.

Never heard of this one there are millions of different shirts with Mickey Mouse on them, how would they know and I wouldn't think the cast members would say anything. Why not just put on Daffy Duck then they can't say anything.

I agree with you, I dont think a castmember would say anything. But before we spend $400 on all the shirts I just wanted to be sure.

Thanks for the reply!

they would only ask you to remove them if there was bad laungage on them, a few years ago a clothong store overhere called french conection,used F.C.U.K on them as a logo the fc the company and uk being this country.disney would ask people to remove them or put tape over the name if it was only small.
But you would have no problem have seen loads of family groups or gatherings with there own made Tees on and they would have a disney logo on some of them,as long as its tasteful there wouldent be a problem
Paulh

Discomouse...

A really easy way to put a "mouse" on the shirts is to sponge-paint the "mouse head" on the shirts...a large round sponge for the head & smaller round sponge to do the ears...squirt fabric paint on a paper plate...just dip sponges in the paint and dab quickly onto shirts. Quick & easy way to do a lot of shirts (put an old magazine in-between shirt layers so paint doesn't leak through before it dries.)

The rule of thumb that I've heard that so long as you are not making the shirts for profit, then you're fine.

There is a whole creative community here that designs and shares shirt designs. They use Mickey and the characters all the time and I have never heard of them having a problem.

Here's a link to Creative DISigns http://disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105

Dbf is in the Art Institute studying to be an Animator, so he knows a lot about graphics and whatnot. You see the yellow shirt that I am wearing on the third picture of my signature? That is the computer-drawn specialized mickey mouse that he created and we ironed it on some of my shirts.

Wore it for multiple days. I have had several cast members say "Wow cool shirt!" and never any requests to turn them inside out or being scolded for wearing their trademark.

I also have stretched ears, and my dbf also handmade some plugs/earrings that have mickey's face on it. I also got a lot of "whoah cool plugs!" comments from castmembers, but nothing negative as well.

wow, I didnt expect such a huge response to this simple post, you guys are great. The logo we are working on would be all our names outlining the shape of Mickeys head. When we get one done Ill post a picture.

thanks again for all the help.

As long as you are not selling your homemade shirts, you can wear them. Enjoy your trip! :)

As this thread is relevant to neither restaurants nor the Dining Plan, I am moving it to Theme Parks & Attractions.

they would only ask you to remove them if there was bad laungage on them, a few years ago a clothong store overhere called french conection,used F.C.U.K on them as a logo the fc the company and uk being this country.disney would ask people to remove them or put tape over the name if it was only small.
But you would have no problem have seen loads of family groups or gatherings with there own made Tees on and they would have a disney logo on some of them,as long as its tasteful there wouldent be a problem
Paulh

They do the FCUK thing because only the first and last letters have to be in place. The middle letters can be mixed up, and the brain will still read it as F***.

My mom made us family t-shirts and Disney never said anything to us about it

Dh makes us theme shirts for each day of our vacation. We've gotten the nicest coments from CMs. The characters really react, too, when we have a shirt with one of them on it. Make your shirts and have a blast. It'll be fine!

I’m new to this and just started to get the Disney bug.... Were doing a grand gathering, and are planning on making shirts for everyone. The shirts will have the mouse logo on it somehow. I’ve heard rumors that you may be asked to remove or turn you shirt inside out by cast members is this true.... The shirts obviously will not be licensed by WDW. I tried to search the formus for other post but could not find any so if this is a repost please be kind.

disney will never tell someone to remove or turn your shirt inside out ... so wear them .... :thumbsup2

We just returned from last week at WDW. And it was a family reunion with 14 of us. I made matching shirts with Mickey and balloons with "Crockrell Family reunion" on it for all of us. No problems at all. So go for it!! And have fun!

Blessings,
Winnie

disney will never tell someone to remove or turn your shirt inside out ... so wear them .... :thumbsup2

I mis-read this (TWICE) to say "OR" wear them!!! I thought "man, when did WDW post signs that say NO Shirts, come on in!!!!"

I'm losing it . . .:crazy:

While I agree, they are good with the homemade Disney shirts..I have to disagree with them never telling you to remove or turn your shirt inside out. My DH works security at a bar and without thinking wore his shirt that said "security" on the back of it. Guess what? The Disney security asked him at the Studios to change it or turn it inside out.:rotfl:
He did..all was well. It makes sense to a point. I mean obviously from the front of the shirt he wasn't Disney security, but I guess if you needed something urgently you could've thought maybe this man with all of his kids and tattoos up his arms was Disney security.;)
Anyway, just wanted to chime in..Don't forget to read the back of your shirts..

We've made shirts for both the parks and the cruise and have never been spoke to about them.

jordancej Thanks for the thread on tye dying, DH LOVES tie dyed shirts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter