"Home" in American Idol Experience

ZeroToHero

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if this is the song by Daughtry or Michael Buble? It's under Rock/Pop Ballad, and I'm not sure.

They just give you the titles, not the singer, so has anyone been there and heard this done? DBF wants to do it if it's Michael Buble, but doesn't want to go in unprepared if it's Daughtry. His other choice is "Ain't Too Proud to Beg", and we're trying to think of a few more.

I don't know the answer to that question, but I have got to say I am not that fond overall of the AI attraction's song-choices. Anybody take a look at the DISNEY songs they have available? Sheesh, not a lot in terms of sheer numbers plus quite a few are of the Hannah Montana/High School Musical/Demi Lovato era and very few of the classic Disney songs :( .

agnes!

I can't answer your question unfortunately but one of the reasons they don't give artist names is because the arrangements are unique to the AIE.

the first phase of the audition process is to sing any non-original song a capella, so it doesn't matter at that point.

if you make it to the second phase, you'll have to choose 3 songs off the list (the earlier you audition, the better your chances of getting what you want) and you'll have all the time you need to prep for the second audition.

The song list will be on an IPod so he can get a feel for the version and arrangement if he makes it past the first audition round.

I don't know the answer to that question, but I have got to say I am not that fond overall of the AI attraction's song-choices. Anybody take a look at the DISNEY songs they have available? Sheesh, not a lot in terms of sheer numbers plus quite a few are of the Hannah Montana/High School Musical/Demi Lovato era and very few of the classic Disney songs :( .

agnes!

where can you see the song list? Is there a link?

I am pretty sure it is Daughtry's "Home" if I remember from the ipod. Please correct em if I am wrong.

I don't know for sure, so take this with a grain of salt...but when I hear Rock/pop ballad the last thing I think of is Michael Buble. I would think this is Daughtry's Home, especially considering the American Idol connection there.

Alright, thank you everyone. DBF was pretty sure it was Daughtry too, but they have "Sway" under Rock/Pop Uptempo, and that's another Buble song, so we had hopes. I guess he'll go with Ain't Too Proud, and on the very slim chance that it's Buble's "Home", have another backup song. :)

If he makes it past the audition (and we're pretty sure he will, but one never knows who's going to show up at the parks that day), I'll report back.

I was pondering this as well, and assumed for the same reasons it must be Daughtry.

Pity, because the bridge of that song is way out of my range, so I'm stuck with the (small list) of songs in lower keys. :(

Still crossing my fingers that a few songs are available lower than the recorded key, but maybe that's just wishful thinking!

I can confirm it is Chris Daughtry's "Home," because an AIE contestant sang it when we were at the 7:00pm Finale show on July 17th.

To be honest, I was expecting the Buble song when the title was announced, but it turned out to be the Daughtry song.

An amazing woman who sang Whitney Houston's "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" won the golden ticket at the end of that show... it was head-to-head with another younger woman who rocked Kelly Clarkson's "Since You've Been Gone." My fiance and I love to attend the 1-hour Finale shows, because we can usually count on at least one or two fantastic performances.

Princess Monkey - I was at the Finale on 7/17 too. My friend and I had an 'Idol Marathon' that day and went to every single show. The guy who same 'Home' in the finale was good, but he sang it better in his preliminary show. I agree about the amazing woman who won....she was really great!

I've noticed that some songs rountinely seem to win the preliminary shows, no matter how good the person is. Kelly Clarkson songs do well, as does 'I Will Survive', 'I Wanna Dance With Somebody', 'How Do I Live', and 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot'.

Princess Monkey - I was at the Finale on 7/17 too.

I've noticed that some songs rountinely seem to win the preliminary shows, no matter how good the person is. Kelly Clarkson songs do well, as does 'I Will Survive', 'I Wanna Dance With Somebody', 'How Do I Live', and 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot'.

Small world! That's fascinating to read that from you! I think it's true; we noticed the same thing about the power ballads & 80's songs if they are performed well. They probably win because more of the audience knows and likes the songs, and they seem to be tougher songs to sing--requiring a wider vocal range. It really helps if the performers aren't reading the words off the screen at the back of the room; memorization seems to be crucial. I still have gold and silver confetti in my purse that I grabbed off the stage from the 7/17 show. :rolleyes1

We saw an AIE show back in February 2009 where a young woman sang Heart's "Alone" with such ferocity and emotion... I swear, I still have her version of "Alone" stuck in my head every time I hear the original. It was beautiful, and she was a cool performer. I would buy her CD in a second. (Ironically, her young husband was performing in the Finale that night too, and he won the Golden ticket! What an amazing couple!)

I wish those AIE contestants that win those golden tickets all the best. It's quite a competition on the Finale shows we've seen.

I can confirm it is Chris Daughtry's "Home," because an AIE contestant sang it when we were at the 7:00pm Finale show on July 17th.

To be honest, I was expecting the Buble song when the title was announced, but it turned out to be the Daughtry song.

An amazing woman who sang Whitney Houston's "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" won the golden ticket at the end of that show... it was head-to-head with another younger woman who rocked Kelly Clarkson's "Since You've Been Gone." My fiance and I love to attend the 1-hour Finale shows, because we can usually count on at least one or two fantastic performances.

Thank you very much for the confirmation! We're planning on attending an AIE show on our first day at DHS, to see what it's like, but are going to have to miss the finale (which might be for the best, so he doesn't get cold feet - even though he's been singing in theatre and for functions for our city for years, he still doesn't like his singing. :headache:).

Even if he doesn't make it, we're still going to go to the finale on the day he does audition, because you made it sound like a real treat to see. Plus, I'd like to get some of that confetti. :lmao:

agnes!
Keep in mind that American Idol is a 'POP SONG' competition. Not too many of the classic Disney songs are in the "pop" genre. Plus ... that last thing the Disney CMs who run that attraction want to listen to all day are Disney songs! :goodvibes

But truly ... the song selections were done to specifically NOT include that much Disney. First, they didn't want guests thinking it was too "Disney" of a show; second ... if you're going to be true to the TV version of AI, then you don't dump a lot of Disney tunes in there. When was the last time someone on AI sang "Someday my Prince will Come" or "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?"

:earsboy:

First, they didn't want guests thinking it was too "Disney" of a show; second ... if you're going to be true to the TV version of AI, then you don't dump a lot of Disney tunes in there. When was the last time someone on AI sang "Someday my Prince will Come" or "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?"

:earsboy:

Those are probably the people that they don't show on TV - they save them for the office's Christmas party DVD. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter