Holy wait times batman!

spicycrab

Mouseketeer
I have been waiting on hold for over an hour and 10 minutes!!! :crazy2: I am trying to make the best of it - so far I have cleaned out my inbox, put in a load of laundry, and chopped veggies for dinner later :laundy:

I understand your frustration. That's why I use a TA. I don't have the time and money for long distance calling. Hope your call goes through soon and you can enjoy your day!

I have been waiting on hold for over an hour and 10 minutes!!! :crazy2: I am trying to make the best of it - so far I have cleaned out my inbox, put in a load of laundry, and chopped veggies for dinner later :laundy:
Good luck! At least you can get something done. Until recently, my reception was spotty in the kitchen and laundry room (they are next to each other), so would risk getting disconnected. Hope you get whatever you need taken care of in one call!

Good luck!!! I was on hold for 6 1/2 hrs with Disney guest services the other day and finally hung up at 11:45pm so I could go to bed!!!! Ridiculous!!!!!

I once went out to lunch while on hold with Disney. The best part - it was a landline. So I left the house with the phone on hold. And still waited more than 30 minutes after I got back to the house. I had family and friends in town and wasn't going to miss out on our lunch plans.

Depending on when "the other day" was, they could have had a skeleton crew at the call center because of the weather.

A few weeks ago my friend was on hold for over 2 hours trying to book a DVC cruise. We all know how long the waits are when the new itineraries come out. It IS inexcusable. For all the money they make, they can certainly add additional staff during these times. We get what we tolerate....

A few weeks ago my friend was on hold for over 2 hours trying to book a DVC cruise. We all know how long the waits are when the new itineraries come out. It IS inexcusable. For all the money they make, they can certainly add additional staff during these times. We get what we tolerate....
They could add CM's but they only have a limited amount of call center space, they can't just add office space for a couple high volume days every year.

The last couple days were exceptional for all cruise lines, airlines, hotels etc. they were all doing their best and had to close down because of dangerous circumstances.

Carnival made a really good decision for those on cruises that were having a modified itinerary. For the people who didn't want the modified and wanted a 100% refund they had to do nothing, no phone call or anything. If they didn't show up at the port they would automatically receive their refund within 3 weeks, that way it tied up no phone lines for those wishing to cxl.

From what I've read all the cruise lines have handled the situation beautifully and are to be commended.

The DVC Member cruise should be booked through DVC, not DCL. And it is the DVC members themselves paying for that call center via their dues.

The DVC Member cruise should be booked through DVC, not DCL. And it is the DVC members themselves paying for that call center via their dues.

Well...that's even worse. If I'm paying for it, I shouldn't be waiting for 2+ hours!! And yes, my friend was on hold with DVC, not DCL.

FWIW, the corporate meetings and travel company I work for routes calls from the 1-800 number directly to my home office, so the technology is available, DCL just opts not to use it. People have no clue that their call to St. Louis is actually forwarding to me at home in California.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter