Holy cow - did we just get a free upgrade?

ladyv

Mouseketeer
I got an email from Disney today saying that we are being offered a free upgrade for our vacation in Sept to either Saratoga or Key West. I THINK it's legit, OK I hope and pray and wish it's legit! It does look like it's really from Disney and the phone number seems OK.

So. We will have a 21 month old. We are currently staying in Pop Century. DH is reluctant to move as he thinks DS is going to love the theming of Pop and we wouldn't get that at the other 2 places. He's also worried that the transportation will be worse at Key West or Saratoga as opposed to Pop. We are only going to the 4 parks - no Downtown Disney or water parks. We will not have a car.

Assuming this is real (I'm going to call later to confirm):

Would you stay at POP where you booked?
Move to Key West?
Move to Saratoga?

It is a real pin and it sounds awesome until you call and there's no availability for the dates you're going... I tried a few dates in sept in addition to my travel dates Sept 24-30 and there was no availability at either resort. It's an awesome offer tho! I hope it works for you!

Good luck getting any availability. I didn't get to see the email until just now, I called and our dates are completely booked.:sad1:

I upgraded as well to Saratoga Springs. I'm hoping I did the right thing. I'm starting now to read every review of the place that I can get.

I upgraded as well to Saratoga Springs. I'm hoping I did the right thing. I'm starting now to read every review of the place that I can get.

Can I ask what your dates are? We are staying at POP October 1st, the tail end of dining. I would love to receive that email- I would upgrade to OKW!! Maybe they overbooked POP because of the free dining.

You won't be disappointed Saratoga is a beautiful Resort. Bus transportation has never been a problem. They do have a very limited counter service menu. You may want to check it out. We would just walk over to DownTown Disney to eat.

Hoping it was the right thing??? You just went from a Corolla to a Lexus for free.

I received the same e mail and called around lunch time. Everything is booked! I called back a few times since then and still no change. I guess I should have checked my e mail earlier.:confused3

My DS11 said he'd rather stay at POP:scared1:. It's only the two of us and he picked the resort. I showed him photos of the other two and he said they looked boring. So I guess he's happy with the corolla.

If we get an offer for beach club, I will override that decision!!!

I called at noon and all were booked, my dates are Sept. 20-26, but I tried several around those dates. :sad1:

If I was happy with the resort I picked first, I wouldn't take the up-grade. We hasve no interest in SSR or OKW, SSR is a huge resort complex, alot of walking to get around and OKW, is too far from what we like. We're booked in WL, they up graded us from a standard view to WLV studio and knocked off 40 bucks a night, that we took. We like the Lodge and being close, a boat ride, to the MK, but to each their own. We once got an offer to up-grade from CR, our resort for the past 6 stays back in the 70's to GF, we took it and weren't happy with the resort. GF may be the premier resort to some but ot to us, glad we got the offer, rule that one off our list. Just make sure you're happy with what they offer, location, busing etc.

Please keep in mind that is is used as a marketing method to fill rooms. Disney is hoping that some will be flexible enough to change their dates to fill rooms for a better deal. ;)

It seems that they way-overbook POP during free dining each year, and due to low occupancy at the same time at the DVC resorts (since you can't get free dining on DVC points) they upgrade the excess to them.

Don't know if its true for the AllStars as well.

My DS11 said he'd rather stay at POP:scared1:. It's only the two of us and he picked the resort. I showed him photos of the other two and he said they looked boring. So I guess he's happy with the corolla.

If we get an offer for beach club, I will override that decision!!!

Remind him of this when he gets his license in a few years. ;)

I suspect it is real. If you get a choice, pick Saratoga. It is a beautiful resort. Plus with Saratoga you are a short stroll over to Downtown Disney too. We stayed at Old Key West before and it was just ok. You are so LUCKY!

I was offered the deal too- but of course they were booked the days we are going! :headache: But it would mean more walking anyway- trying to see the bright side of no free upgrade..... at least I have free dining! :thumbsup2 They also asked if my dates were flexible- so they must be overbooked at Pop and moving people around... wish I coulda gone with 'em! Oh well, what is to be is to be!

Ok, so we were away for a few days and I came home to almost 400 emails!
Let's say I was lucky enough to receive a pin code (not in my normal realm of possiblilities, but hey, a girl can dream:cloud9:), what email address/subject info should I be looking for, so I don't accidentally delete the email that I probably did not get :upsidedow. Thanks.

Ok, so we were away for a few days and I came home to almost 400 emails!
Let's say I was lucky enough to receive a pin code (not in my normal realm of possiblilities, but hey, a girl can dream:cloud9:), what email address/subject info should I be looking for, so I don't accidentally delete the email that I probably did not get :upsidedow. Thanks.

When I received a pin code it came from Disney Destinations. Good luck! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter