Holy Beauty Salon Batman!

You need a friend with a cosmetology license ;) I used to work in a salon and it was great, I had the best cut, color, eyebrows, pedi and mani, it was great...boy I miss that job.

I usually pay about $120, before tip for highlights and a cut. If I do a base color change and highlights and a cut it will cost about $150 or so. The salon I go to also charges extra based on hair length.

OMG I am way iudercharging for my services. I have done hair since 1988, I do a 2 process color for 90.00 which includes a cut, I do about 15 to 25 colors a week, I only work part time DD is only 3. Wow I had really no idea that u guys pay that much. I would have no clientel if I did.

Wow. That is expensive. I know I will probably get flamed for this but anyway, I have a DD 11, I am thinking of getting her hair highlighted this summer. She has dirty blond hair, yucky color, it really does look dirty because of the color. We live in FL and the sun does nothing for her hair, we spend tons of time in our pool, but her hair doesn't show it. So I will be getting something done to it. I guess I will just have to suck it up and pay the price. Hopefully hers won't be that expensive.

OMG I am way iudercharging for my services. I have done hair since 1988, I do a 2 process color for 90.00 which includes a cut, I do about 15 to 25 colors a week, I only work part time DD is only 3. Wow I had really no idea that u guys pay that much. I would have no clientel if I did.

I think it's regional. Even though the average cut here is $60, a manicure is only $13, pedicure $23 (at nail salons, not hair salons, where they cost more).

My DS20 went with me at my last app. I got a color and cut, he was talked into highlights and a cut plus the shampoo,conditioner,style gel $198 plus tip!
We both look great but my wallet is a little thin LOL!

If you don't mind me asking, who was the guy who ended up on Split Ends? My dd and I have watched quite a few episodes.
Thanks!:)

It was Christian from Central Mass, he went to Kentucky. The owners of the salon were very religious and Christian showed up to work in drag as his alter ego Crystal on his 2nd day. Now the woman who went to Cenral Mass got along very well with the owner, Jeff. He is the one who used to cut my hair (he doesn't really color anymore, so I would see Christian for that.) Jeff was such a sweet guy in the episode and he is totally like that in real life! He does a lot of training and hair shows so he has a lot of patience.

Years ago, when my parents wouldn't pay for my hair to be colored or highlighted (I'm thinking I was in my teens) I would use lemon juice and go out in the sun. It lightened my hair but didn't do damage!

My mom has been doing hair since..well, the 70's. Anyway, she has a salon at her house and she always says she is undercharging. LOL Her clients LOVE her because she does a good job and her prices are cheap. I can't imagine paying what some of you are paying just to get my hair done. My hair would be the same boring brown I was born with if I had to pay $150 to get highlights.

My mom does my hair for free and I'm so grateful. I even get high-end products for her cost, not retail, which is insane too.

Mom's haircuts are $15 I think, a perm is like $40 or $60, color is the same range, highlights same range I think. I honestly don't know because I just don't pay attention. :hippie:

You'll laugh at me. I only got one haircut all last year--I was growing my hair to donate it. Then, I went to Great Clips and they cut it for free. I just paid tip. Thinking about learning to cut my family's hair myself... But, in the meantime, we go to Great Clips with coupons. Paid $9 recently for each of my kids with tips. BTW, you're all nice moms. My family was always too broke to pay for my hair.

You'll laugh at me. I only got one haircut all last year--I was growing my hair to donate it. Then, I went to Great Clips and they cut it for free. I just paid tip. Thinking about learning to cut my family's hair myself... But, in the meantime, we go to Great Clips with coupons. Paid $9 recently for each of my kids with tips. BTW, you're all nice moms. My family was always too broke to pay for my hair.

Yup, I'm laughing, not at you, but with you! I could have written this post! :lmao: DD14 and I both wear our hair long, and last year we both decided to go into Great Clips at the same time to get a trim...we both ended up donating to Locks of Love and got the cuts for free, which was a nice surprise! So, lets see, last year, we paid about $4 (for tips) for both DD and I to get our hair cut. I can't imagine paying $$$ every few weeks for my hair, but then again, I don't have the $$$ anyway, so it works for me! :)

I have been a hairstylist for 9 years now. My prices are considered moderate here... $32 for a cut, $75 for color/cut, $95 for hilites/cut. I often give perks to my loyal regulars. Sometimes it is a discount, or more often a complimentary add on service, like a deep conditioner or protein treatment. "Chair hoppers" or those who come in twice a year will pay full price every time. This is my livelihood and I appreciate when my clients recognize that. I understand that money gets tight. It does for me, too. What most people don't realize is that we have a lot of overhead. Not all of that money is going in my pocket. I have to pay for all my products, appliances, tools (shears are several hundred dollars), licenses, continuing ed ($$$), not to mention booth rent. At the salon I work at rent is $130 per week, whether I set foot in the salon or not. We like to have a little left to take home:thumbsup2

Wow...my hairdresser only charges $66 for a cut + overall hair color w/ highlights. I've been going to her every 3 months for the past 10 years. She also only charges $10 to cut my 4 yo DS' hair. It sounds like, based on the posts here, I'm getting a really great deal!

I sell my retail products slightly above my cost, I would rather they have something, rather than nothing, or drug store products. Then they are able to replicate the style that I give them. Each cut includes a cut wash and style for $20.00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter