Hollywood & Vine

liljunebugs123

Earning My Ears
Still haven't had any success getting an ADR for H&V on our upcoming trip. Does anyone have experience with a walk-up for breakfast or lunch? Definitely would like for DD to get to see Doc & Sofia.princess:

hollywood and vine was the restaurant where we first learned what an adr was, lol.. it was on our first trip in 2004. they said no to us as walk-ups. i'd imagine now that they would be even less likely to take walk-ups. what was funny though was that we went to the adr booth and they only had an 8pm, which meant we waited around for a few hours after wanting to walk-up.. and once we were finally seated the restaurant was nearly empty. i did not understand why in the world they only had that time left and not accepting walk-ups. Even last November we had an adr for lunch and sat outside with a porch full of other waiting and waiting to be seated. Once seated the place was so empty. There was like literally four parties in the whole left half of the restaurant and similar on the other side. It looks like it was closing, but it wasn't. Anyway, keep checking for an adr, they may open up at any time. Also call once you are there if you didnt get one. There is an option on the phone to press for if you are in disney world. good luck. :) My dd2 loved the characters and dancing with her favorites.

We were able to walk up in August of 2012. I had no idea about ADRs and we were just looking for a place to eat breakfast. It was a late breakfast maybe 10 or 10:30. It was also a busy week.
We had to wait 15-20 minutes but when we got inside it was pretty empty! There seemed to be a lot of strollers parked outside but maybe the way reservations are set up they expect many people to leave at the same time? With the character changes it may be more difficult to get in though.

I don't know how soon your trip is coming up, but don't give up on getting an ADR. I've seen plenty of stories on the Dis of people finally landing even "impossible" ADRs because they just kept checking for them. Cancellations do happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter