• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hollywood & Vine plus Fanasmic pkg ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
The menu at H&V seems to be best for our family and budget.

We have a 4:30 PM ADR Fantasmic pkg for Easter week 2007.
Fantasmic stats at 8:30 PM.
The motor parade is at 3:30 PM.

:confused3 Will H&V be very crowded ?

:confused3 Will the food/buffet be good ?

Thanks for all your advice and Happy New Year ! :wizard:

The menu at H&V seems to be best for our family and budget.

We have a 4:30 PM ADR Fantasmic pkg for Easter week 2007.
Fantasmic stats at 8:30 PM.
The motor parade is at 3:30 PM.

:confused3 Will H&V be very crowded ?

:confused3 Will the food/buffet be good ?

Thanks for all your advice and Happy New Year ! :wizard:

It was our least favorite buffet but it does guarentee your seat in Fantasmik so that was good. We waited about 30 mins even with a ADR so I would go early!

Should we eat earlier ? Maybe see if there is a 4 PM or 3:30 PM ADR available ?

:surfweb:
I just moved our ADR for 4/4/07 to 3:40 PM (late lunch- early dinner).
We ould grab a slice of pizza nefore going to the 8:30 PM Fantasmic - or if we stuff ourselves like Thanksgiving - some popcorn might be fine for a snack before Fantasmic.
:surfweb:

I thought if we did an ADR near the parade time - more people will be watching the parade than eating - so an early time might be best.

H&V seems to be getting a toss up. Lately I have read many people do not like the buffet. We have the package for there during our upcoming honeymoon, but due to the reviews lately I am debating on whether to change it to Brown Derby.:bride: :groom:

Brown Derby has great reviews. If just the 2 of you - yes do it- very romantic- less kids.
We are all considered adults (over the age of 9) - so the cost of the Brown Derby for us is out. We have DDE (no other package - we are AP holders) and no DDE discount for Fantasmic.

When eating at H&V, I feel like I'm eating in a place during construction. It just didn't feel "done" to me. The only and I mean the only thing that made the meal edible was the pot roast. We will never eat and H&V again. IMO, I think it needs to be remolded. I get that its supposed to be an old place, but "something" is missing in the decor.

ive tried H&V twice now and i wont go again:sad2: i cant really say why but its not for me:confused3 persomnally i would try mama melrose instead

In our May/June trip, we had a party of 8 (4 adults and kids 14, 12, 12, & 10) and H&V worked best for us. I was an AP holder and so DDE didn't apply and it was 100% OOP. I just couldn't justify paying any more than H&V when half of our party were young, not to mention picky eaters. True, it's not elaborate in it's theming, but it was definitely good enough that we will be eating there again for the Fantasmic package when we take our daughter, SIL, and 3 grandkids and we are paying yet again!

We have eaten at H&V 3 times and Mama"s once for the Fantasmic pkg. We watch the parade at the main street junction with the H&V street (sorry, you;ll have to check the map, can't remember the names, which is which, but it is just a block from the restaurant) and then head right back to H&V for earlier ADRs like 4:15. We usually just snack for lunch and are good until this early dinner. When we go to Fantasmic we usually grab another snack while we are waiting in the stands. We have never been disappointed with H&V and would certainly go back again. Everyone's tastes and expectations are different, so whenever you read reviews on anything you have to keep that in mind. The decor is basic diner - nothing much more than one you might find at home. The food is good - not gourmet, but usually always good. My hubby enjoys the roast and I like the salmon and the tortellini dishes. My kids like the meatballs. Our dinner at Mama's was nice, but we would go back to H&V again. For me personally, everything I had at Mama's was too rich and heavy, but I am sure many would like that - to each their own. H&V has always been busy whenever we go, we had an ADR that was during the end of the parade, and we still had a wait for our seat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter