• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hollywood & Vine Dinner

Pokprincess

<font color=green>LongTimeDisneyFans<br><font colo
Hollywood & Vine Dinner I just made ressies for Hollywood & Vine Dinner Buffet... never been before :rolleyes: , just like to know who went, and if you liked it. You know how was the choice of carved meats & so forth ? :confused3

Thanks...everyone !
:love:

We ate there on the 5th, and may have had an abnormal experience, but we hated it. The hot food was cold, the cold food was hot, and we were horribly sick after eating there. In comparison to other Disney resturants, it seemed filthy and slow.

We may have just had one bad experience there, but I certainly am not gonig back for another chance.

Hope someone has better new for you.

-TGr

Thanks for that input ! May have to re-do my adr for that one !! :thumbsup2

We did the Fantasmic Dinner package there in 2004 and we thought it was good but not anything special. Although the I remember the desserts being pretty good. If it wasn't for FDP (cheapest one you could get) I wouldn't have gone.

This year, we are doing FDP at Mama Melrose. Thanks to free DDP!

Ate there in April and we all agreed that it was our worst meal in all of our WDW trips (and we have made quite a few). All I say is this, DH: how can you possibly ruin a Caesar salad (said while gagging :) ) Oh yeah, I was sick afterwards too.

We've been there twice for the FDP and we all thought the food was fine. Nothing exciting, but fine. My problem was that both times my stomach bothered me after dinner. No one else had that problem but me, but I've never had it at any other WDW restaurant so I think I'll skip H&V from now on.

No better than any other buffet, but the desserts were nice. This was our first TS on our first trip w/ the DDP, and I felt sooo dumb for buying the DDP if that was what you got! The very next morning I was on the phone making ADRs, and I have since learned that dining at Disney is a very magical experience, if you don't go to H&V!

we've eaten there three times and enjoyed it every time... in jan we were w/another family and had dined at crt, lecellier, cm, and ltt and everyone agreed that h&v was the best meal of the trip! :flower:

I guess I'm in the minority but we really liked H&V!! The food was good and with one veggie only eater and one meat eater we both found a lot to satisfy us!

It's on my list again for September!

We ate at H & V on the Fantasmic Plan in late April and it was, by far, the worst meal of our trip. The restaurant was loud and dirty, we were surrounded by non-bussed dirty tables. The food, with the exception of the salads and the desert area, was BAD. The only thing I liked were the mashed potatoes. The Carving Station was Flank Steak and it tasted "funny". I will not go back for any reason!!!!

Wow - did they have a recent change of ownership or staff??? :confused3 H&V is by far our favorite place to eat at any of the parks. We went twice on our vacation last Nov. and had wonderful food. In fact we had planned to do 2 ADR's for our next vacation. Will be interested in future reports - hope that the bad experiences were just "accidents"...

We ate there last week. It was the favorite meal of the week for my son and my Mom, even above 1900 Park Fare. My Mom loved the chicken and blackberry dish. The chef,Richard, was extremely helpful and made some delicious sorbet for my kids who can't have ice cream.

Maybe it depends on the chef of the day?

And/Or maybe people are getting sick from eating the softserve icecream because they have the adult onset lactose intolerance? DH had many episodes of tummy distress before admitting it was softserve icecream causing it, not food poisoning. He still eats softserve occasionally though.

We always include H&V (pickey eaters, everyone finds something good to eat) in our trips as Fantasmic pkg.

We think of it as a "poor man's Chef Mickey's" when it comes to types of offerings. Might not be as exotic but, always served @ proper temp. & nearly everything we've sampled has been enjoyable.

For the downside...

*all pre-made salads @ WDW are drenched in dressing - would you like a little salad w/your dressing?LOL

*unattended children @ the buffet line can be a big culprit in ruining the ambiance @ a buffet. Please attend to your children or send them over to the children's buffet if they want to go it alone. I've been behind small children countless times who have stuck their whole hands into bowls, sampled the offering & put part of it back....ewwwww!

We have a ressie here too, just subscribing...hoping for more positive reviews!!

We ate there on our last trip which was June 0f 2005 and loved it. We did the Fantasmic Dinner package so we ate pretty early but it worked out perfect for us. There were 2 adults. 3 kids and 1 teenager and we all ate plenty. Try the corn spoon bread it is yummy. Also that night they had a southwestern chicken ceaser salad that was great. I could not stop eating it. The children's section had really good offerings for kids. Oh, also the desert table was really good. We liked it so much we are planning to go again on our next trip. Hope this helps.:tink:

Oh my gosh... we book H&V for Famtasmic - now I am considering Mama's - Can and 'adult' child (11 year old) eat off the kids menu at Mama's ?

When I went there for the first time this past august, I liked all the places we went. Out of all the buffets I liked H&V the best. The rest of my family thought it was ok. Everyone just has different tastes, its always worth a try.

We ate there Sat 10/7 and enjoyed the experience completely. Our waitress was wonderful, right there when you needed her. We all tried different foods and each one was delicious. We have no complaints what so ever and would definitely return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter