Hollywood & Vine Character Meal

Woodmnky

DIS Veteran
I am starting to preplan our ADRs for our next trip. We will be staying offsite and therefore we will not have a DP. At $100 a piece I am limited to 2 character meals. We previously have gone to Chef Mickey's, Garden Grill, and Tusker House. We really enjoyed all three, but DS's favorite was Chef Mickey's and we are planning to repeat this next time as well.

I am looking at meals that include characters that DS appreciates other than the Fab 5 (or 6) and with the addition of Doc & Sofia at H&V I am thinking that he will love this option. I do not expect the food at a character buffet to be worth the expense of the dinner, but I am wondering about what others have thought of the overall experience. DS is 3 and Disney Junior is a constant in our home.

We were at H&V for lunch last March break. DD3 had a blast! She thought the characters were real and was so happy dancing with them.

The characters go around the restaurant more than once, and they also do dances with the kids. This place is great for smaller kids that have Disney Junior channel on at home.

My DD7 was happy to be there, and still talk about it now. But she was not as thrilled as her younger sis at the time. She has sort of outgrown these characters.

Since your son is 3, I think it's a great age to be there.

I would love to hear responses on this as well. DS (5) LOVES Chef Mickey! He's a train lover and last year we stayed at the Contemporary because of the monorail. This year, he's starting to get into Jake ATNP and Jake is at H&V. We plan to book breakfast. I'm hoping the food is a little better than at Chef Mickey!

I have not yet been to Hollywood and Vine but have a reservation for March. I was excited to see they changed to Doc and Sofia along with Jake. The kids like Oso and Little Einsteins, but like Doc and Sofia more. :)

Last time I went 3 years ago we all loved Chef Mickeys. The kids loved meeting the characters there and it was a fun place. We also really liked Crystal Palace with the Pooh characters and Tusker House with Mickey, Donald, Daisy and Goofy. :)

I went to Hollywood & Vine in August 2012 with my then 2.5 year old DD and my mom for breakfast. We actually didn't have reservations and had to wait about 15 minutes. But it was not crowded at all. My other DD was 3 months at the time and slept through the whole meal.
My older DD enjoyed it quite a bit. The characters dance at intervals and the kids can go up and join. Since it wasn't too crowded many of the characters stopped by more than once. We are going again in March for lunch especially since Doc and Sophia will be there. My younger daughter will be almost 2 this time and she watches the shows now also. They are both excited about it!
The breakfast was typical breakfast food (eggs, sausage, potatoes, Mickey waffles, pastries etc). My mom and I enjoyed it. My daughter was too excited to eat!

I'm also interested in experiences. We're taking our DGDs in September, and they're also BIG Disney Jr. fans. That channel is on in our house whenever they come over. And which would people recommend-breakfast or lunch?

I'm also interested in experiences. We're taking our DGDs in September, and they're also BIG Disney Jr. fans. That channel is on in our house whenever they come over. And which would people recommend-breakfast or lunch?

Breakfast is better.

We aren't big breakfast eaters though so we go for lunch. It is fine but just expect anything great.

I'm wondering if it'll get busier with the addition of Doc and Sofia. In the past we were able to make ADRs a week before we got there and get a time we were happy with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter