Hollywood & Vine breakfast - really that bad?

kanga5roos

Earning My Ears
My granddaughter loves Doc McStuffins and all the Disney Jr characters. She'll be not quite 3yo when we go in May. My original plan was for all of us to do the Disney Jr breakfast at Hollywood & Vine so we could avoid the lines at Meet & Greets. Yay! ...Then I started hearing all the really bad reviews and comments about the food at H&V. Boo.

So -- truth time, please -- is the breakfast food at H&V truly awful? Granted, we're going for the character interaction, but honestly - do we want to waste the dining credit on really bad food, or should we skip it and just get in line for the Meet & Greets? Is it as baaaad as the reviews I'm reading? Thanks!

I've been for breakfast and honestly I liked it just fine! I didn't even know the place had a bad reputation until years later. Especially if you're going for characters I think it's fine. I've also seen some threads that say it's more dinner that isn't good and not breakfast, but I can't speak for dinner because I've never been! :)

We went for a late breakfast (buffet transitioned into lunch while we were there) a few years ago, and it was fine. Nothing amazing, but my kids loved the characters and dancing. It was worth it for us. We have an ADR to go again for lunch when we go this December.

I have seen recent reviews of this and they have been great! We are having breakfast there for the first time next week, since my niece loves the Disney Jr characters. I wasn't as excited when we first booked it, but the more and more I read good reviews on the breakfast, I am getting excited for it.

We were there in January and it was good, we did breakfast and my DGS loved the characters. I did tell my family that the review were not that great, but Jake was there and that was one of the main reasons for going. They all were like it was good, and really enjoyed it and no-one complained at all...which is shocking for my family and the bunch of picky eaters that I have. But it is a buffet so when going keep in mind.... it's still just a buffet.... Our server was on her game... great service. I will say that it is loud in there but its what you expect with character, and tables filled with excited kids, including the adults. I would go and decide for yourself.

I haven't been in two years but at that time the buffet was good! I was shocked by all the variety and character interaction was totally worth it.

Despite the reviews I have always had good experiences at H&V. It's a typical Disney breakfast buffet. I will add this, in general my DH hates buffets but has never uttered a bad word about any Disney buffet including H&V.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter