• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hollywood & Vine adding Sofia and Doc McStuffins

Masonmj84

DIS Veteran
was a smart move if my 4 YO daugther is any gauge of their popularity.

I previously had zero interest in this dining experience but have now booked it for breakfast for our upcoming trip (I know H&V gets a lot of bad reviews but most of these tend to be for lunch/dinner - people seem to have much better experiences at breakfast).

This is one of the breakfast my DD6 wants to do every trip, we always enjoy the food and characters, she is especially excited for Sofia and Doc this summer when we go, we tried dinner once for the F! package and won't make that mistake again :)

was a smart move if my 4 YO daugther is any gauge of their popularity.

I previously had zero interest in this dining experience but have now booked it for breakfast for our upcoming trip (I know H&V gets a lot of bad reviews but most of these tend to be for lunch/dinner - people seem to have much better experiences at breakfast).

Me too. I've read some horrible things about the place, but once I heard Sophia and Doc were added, I had to book it for my 4 year old daughter. It's breakfast anyway, how bad can they mess that up? :)

I had booked it several months ago because my nephews like Oso and Little Einsteins, and then I saw it was changed to Doc and Sofia, and they love them as well, especially my 4 year old. So I was excited to see the change. :) I did book it for lunch though....should I be concerned about the lunch? Should I try to get a breakfast reservation?

We're taking our 3 yo granddaughter there for breakfast on the 28th of this month. We originally had a character breakfast reserved at Cape May Cafe so she could see Minnie, but her parents said that Doc McStuffins is her absolute favorite character so we cancelled that one and booked at Hollywood & Vine.

The funny thing is I have no idea who Doc McStuffins is... :rotfl:

Jim

Hollywood & Vine is a favorite character dining spot (both breakfast & lunch) for my kids. My daughter is excited that Sofia and Doc have been added.

I cant wait to do this! I hope they are still there at the end of 2015. I love doc and Sophia I catch myself wanting to watch them more than my 3 year old :lmao:

Same for me. I wasn't giving this place a second thought until they added Sofia and Doc. My kids are all over those characters so now it's a must-try.

In 2012 H & V was our favorite breakfast. The character interaction was the one of the best we had. My kids loved the characters. My DD5 will be over the moon next time when she gets to meet Sophia & Doc there.

This is definitely a good move. My 3yo loves Doc and his favorite Christmas present was his Doc McStuffins check up kit. He also really likes Sophia & Jake (he has never watched Handy Manny). We completely overlooked this on our last trip, but it will be a must do next time. I know that with character meals you are paying for the ability to not stand in line to meet all of the friends that appear, so with that attitude I am sure the food will be fine. We watched Jake & Sophia sign autographs last time, but didn't have time to stand in their lines. I would much rather skip a meal with Mickey or Minnie since I know we will see them multiple times verse these harder to find and/or longer line characters. To my knowledge this will be the only M&G with Doc McStuffins.

I'm sure that some will disagree with me, but I would like it if they replaced Handy Manny with Henry Hugglemonster as he is a fave in our house as well. (Plus I think he is adorable).

The funny thing is I have no idea who Doc McStuffins is... :rotfl:

Jim

Doc is a young girl who is a "doctor to stuffed animals and toys." Toys come to life around her, and the show teaches various healthy lessons via Doc and her toys. :goodvibes

To my knowledge this will be the only M&G with Doc McStuffins.

I'm sure that some will disagree with me, but I would like it if they replaced Handy Manny with Henry Hugglemonster as he is a fave in our house as well. (Plus I think he is adorable).

AFAIK, that's right, this is the only place to meet Doc.

And Henry Hugglemonster would be ROARSOME! He's so cute, he would make a great M&G. I love Manny (and met him at his outdoor M&G in 2012), but he's not on the Disney Channel proper any more, just the Dis Jr channel.

The one I'd really love to meet is Kwazii from Octonauts, but they're not actually Disney characters.

I booked H&V breakfast for my upcoming trip to see Doc & Sofia - and I don't have kids as an excuse. I'm just a silly Big Kid who watches way too much Disney Jr.

...I'm sure that some will disagree with me, but I would like it if they replaced Handy Manny with Henry Hugglemonster as he is a fave in our house as well. (Plus I think he is adorable).

I totally agree! Manny is getting old. With Jake, Sofia and Doc, Manny is needing replaced. Henry Hugglemonster would cause complete pandemonium with our gang! DD3 loves him!

I cant wait to do this! I hope they are still there at the end of 2015. I love doc and Sophia I catch myself wanting to watch them more than my 3 year old :lmao:

My two daughters, in their early 20's, and I love to watch Sofia and Doc McStuffins. We even have little plushies that we bought at the Disney Store. We enjoy dinner at H&V (yes, really) and might make ressies for breakfast now. We always thought the previous meet and greet characters, Litte Einsteins and Handy Mandy, were more appropriate for preschoolers and never had breakfast at H&V. But with Sofia and Doc, we might just have to swallow our pride and join in with the little ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter