Hollywood Studios

Some Pixar characters you will see are

Woody
Buzz
Mike
Sully
Mr. Incredible
Mrs. Incredible

And HS being a 1/2 day park ... thats your own opinion. It depends what your family likes to do

They have great shows such as Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Indiana Jones, Extreme Stunts ect

Plus family rides such as Toy Story Mania, The Great Movie Ride, Star tours

And if your family has thrill seekers Tower of Terror and Rock n Rollercoaster are the way to go

Oh and to end a great day at DHS make sure you see FANTASMIC! Its wonderful and one of my fav parts of the studios.

Enjoy your time at DHS! :wizard:

DHS was so much better back in the day. The backlot tour used to be an actual tour. Does anybody remember the original tour? It was like 2.5 hours long! All those street scenes were actually on the tram path and you couldn't get out and walk around. That's why there's not much to do in those areas now. They were designed to just be seen from the tram as you drove by.

Granted, DHS could do with a bit of updating but I love the park - I love the buildings, the shows and at night time its gorgeous. We got there at 10am and left at 1am and were busy all day :goodvibes

Granted, DHS could do with a bit of updating but I love the park - I love the buildings, the shows and at night time its gorgeous. We got there at 10am and left at 1am and were busy all day :goodvibes

I agree there is plenty to do there and you can spent a whole day there :wizard:

I don't want CarsLand to come here (I think it makes Disneyland special) even though the rumors say it's a big possibility.

I would love to see a Pixar park! You would think with the success of the Pixar films, character meet and greets, and TSM, that they would realize what a potential goldmine they have, but I haven't seen anything indicating this. Not so much as a character meal - but let's be sure and add a new princess meet and greet wherever they can cram it in! Sorry, bitterness is shining through that Disney leans toward catering to girls (says the mommy of boys :)).

I still love DHS - it's a two-day park for us.

4 of the highest rated rides resort-wide are in the park (TSM, RNRC, Star Tours, and TOT), but it is a half day park. I'm hoping Disney can obtain the Marvel liscense and get rid of the Backlot Tour.

I had always thought the New York area would be good for the Marvel characters.

Cars Land would be great!

I agree, I have said ever since the buy out that Disney should tell US to "pack sand", and buy out the contract. US wouldn't be out much and that tacky area they have now can be easily re-themed. They need to get their own characters in the park.

I would love to see a roller coaster themed to Monsters Inc. Every time we watch the movie and see the scene where they are jumping from door to door on the conveyor system I think how cool a coaster that could be! I also wish they would expand on The Incredibles and do something more with them. I would love to see the Avengers do meet and greets in The Streets of America and I wish they would either update or change the Backlot tour.

~I don't care for "Cars", at all. I was bored with the first movie and when we took the kids to see "Cars 2", DH had to wake me up when it was over! But, CarsLand looks awesome, Disney really outdid themselves with this! I can't wait to see what they're going to do with AvatarLand, it's going to be just fabulous!

~It is really disappointing how Disney and George Lucus couldn't collaborate to create a Star Wars Land! You couldn't pay me to watch Star Wars anything, but Star Tours is one of my favorite rides! I would have loved to see a Star Wars Land.

A "CarsLand" at DHS would be awesome, but only if they have the space and resources to make it as fabulous as the one at DL, and I seriously doubt that. AvengersLand would be super fantastic, but I can't see Universal giving up the rights. That's too bad for Disney, anyway, I hope they come up with something because DHS really needs it.
:goodvibes

I agree, I have said ever since the buy out that Disney should tell US to "pack sand", and buy out the contract. US wouldn't be out much and that tacky area they have now can be easily re-themed. They need to get their own characters in the park.

I've been saying the same thing - Disney owns the characters and paid a lot of money for them, we should get to see them in the parks. And it would be a great way to incorporate something for boys in the princess and fairy universe they keep expanding.

They should buy out the Universal contract and that would leave Universal open to either do more Harry Potter (which is obviously where they're making their money, even if it would be overkill) or they could just switch to DC. I think Six Flags currently owns the right to the DC characters and Universal could probably do more with it. They could also have more characters wandering the parks, since DC has more costume-friendly than Marvel.

I would love to see them put Carsland in DHS....it's the perfect place....we can dream.

I so agree with you! I said this on another thread after we returned in May, they need a couple of more rides, not shows, were everyone can ride. Don't get me wrong I love the shows, but a couple of rides would definitely take some of the pressure off TSM and the waits wouldn't be so bad. I love ToT and RnRC but the little ones can't ride these so that leaves TSM. Couldn't they give us a Dumbo style ride with balloons from UP or doors from Monster's Inc. Love the idea of Monster's Inc roller coaster and a smaller version of Carsland and maybe through in a new restaurant themed from Ratatouille. Okay they can still call it Hollywood Studios but lets really have a Pixar Land!

As for the Backlot Tour, I do remember the old tour where you saw more and it was longer. Now it's like here is a pile of stuff and then oh no you may get wet. Also I am a huge fan of the Muppets, love love them. But even at Epcot they had captain EO then Honey I shrunk the Audience and now back to EO. So why can't they keep the muppets just give us a different movie and then alternate them. Now I do love the Great Movie ride and it is a must for us on each trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter