Hollywood Studios icon?

disneydarling07

The answer to all worries-YOU'RE GOING TO DISNEY!
We would like to take a family photo in front of each park icon again. Now that the big hat is gone from Hollywood Studios, what do you use as the icon??

Good question! I wonder what they're using on merchandise these days. Probably ToT, but I like the Chinese Theater.

I wonder if they're planning for something from Star Wars Land to fill that role.

I would say right now, the Chinese Theater, but I've no idea what the official plan is going forward, especially with The Great Movie ride closing.

I would use ToT instead of the theater, if only because its easier to get a tight shot perspective with the fam in front and the tower looming in the background. The theater is so wide that to get a shot with enough of the theater in it, you can't really get a good, tight shot, which means lots of people wandering through the background of your pic

I would say right now, the Chinese Theater, but I've no idea what the official plan is going forward, especially with The Great Movie ride closing.
Chinese Theater should still be there/look the same on the outside. I haven't seen any news of the exterior changing, just the interior/the actual ride is updating as far as they've said.

That said, I've always considered ToT more of an icon for the park. But I struggle with that because it's not the "center point" like the other 3 park icons are. It's off to the side, but at least you can see it from the entrance (and from Epcot and even AK on Everest).

We have a 12x18 picture that we took of each parks icon hanging in our dining room. For HS we used ToT. It just looks so much more iconic than the Chinese Theater with the palm trees in front of it.

We use the topiary before the entrance.

we also use this or if it's still there the sign that says Hollywood Studios that looks like a piece of film where the characters met on the left at the end of the main road before going left or right

I wonder... if you stand on the left-hand side (facing) of the Chinese Theater where Frozen sing along is if you can get a bit of the theater and ToT in one picture. Might just be the side of the theater and the top of the tower, but it could be cool to get both. The stage might also interfere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter