Hollywood Studios Help Needed

Princess_K

DIS Veteran
On my last trip, I would’ve totally called myself a Disney pro. But then the pandemic happened, Genie+ became a thing, and we’re taking a toddler for the first time. I’ve been trying to read up on strategy but one thing I can’t wrap my head around is how to plan for HS.

There are 4 adults and one child, so rider swap will be utilized. Our main/only priorities are Rise, Smugglers Run, and Runaway Railway. Meeting Mickey and Minnie would be a bonus. We’re staying onsite and planning to rope drop, and I’m not opposed to paying for Rise. We have a lunch reservation at Beach Club at noon and Oga’s at 10:15 (which we may cancel if we don’t want to give up the ride time). We ideally wouldn’t go back to HS after lunch.

How should we tackle this? Any advice is very much appreciated!

If you get a paid LL for Rise, I would rope drop MMRR, then do MFSR. If you don’t get paid LL, then rope drop Rise then MF.

Agree - Most efficient if you can get ILL$ for RoR for AM do it and RD MMRR. Oga's is cool (you mean 10:15A?). Then MFSR after MMRR. If you want to save $ but not time RD RoR, then do MFSR and MMRR standby (you could try G+ but there is less control over available times and another cost. Unlikely you can get MFSR and MMRR both in the morning but all depends how busy park is.

Rise, MFSR, MMRR would all able to fit your party of 5 without needing child swap assuming kid is tall enough for everything.

This whole strategy is pretty miserable for a toddler. They're standing around while you're ride swapping or riding stuff they don't understand, except maybe MMRR and the Frozen sing along, which you don't have time for if you are paying full price tickets for a half day of the park.

HS's rides are the least interesting to a toddler. Send one adult to ride dumbo and the carousel at MK instead?

Meeting Minnie was a walk up when I went for the marathon with a brutal crowd level. It isn't the easiest spot to find.

Beach Club lunch is meh. At least go to Yacht Club. Or Hollywood and Vine and let the toddler meet the characters. I wouldn't cut park time for it.

Last edited:
Thanks to you all for the advice! This is really helpful.

This is the one morning out of our whole trip that we are prioritizing someone besides the little one. My husband is a huge Star Wars fan so i want to make sure he gets to enjoy the new things too.

Thanks to you all for the advice! This is really helpful.

This is the one morning out of our whole trip that we are prioritizing someone besides the little one. My husband is a huge Star Wars fan so i want to make sure he gets to enjoy the new things too.
We are taking our little ones to Oga’s Cantina, I heard they might like it. Need to include them in the party size if you want to try it.

Even with a perfect schedule, I don't see how you make BC lunch at noon. I'd schedule Hollywood and Vine lunch, so you can eat with Mickey & Minnie. It was a highlight for my four year old for the whole trip. Breakfast is Disney Junior, if he's into that. It's not like all the adults have to go if they want to ride the rides. It isn't impossible to get, sign up for the services that alert you when there's availability. I was able to change times multiple times, in high marathon crowd.

Or, if your goal is Star Wars, I'd consider eating at the Ronto Roasters counter service. I thought it was one of my better meals at Disney, but the four year old wouldn't touch it, normally a pretty adventurous eater.

I agree ILL$ for RoR and RD MMRR. You can walk to HS and make it there maybe before the boats even run. When I was there in Jan, they were definitely opening earlier than announced.

On my last trip, I would’ve totally called myself a Disney pro. But then the pandemic happened, Genie+ became a thing, and we’re taking a toddler for the first time. I’ve been trying to read up on strategy but one thing I can’t wrap my head around is how to plan for HS.

There are 4 adults and one child, so rider swap will be utilized. Our main/only priorities are Rise, Smugglers Run, and Runaway Railway. Meeting Mickey and Minnie would be a bonus. We’re staying onsite and planning to rope drop, and I’m not opposed to paying for Rise. We have a lunch reservation at Beach Club at noon and Oga’s at 10:15 (which we may cancel if we don’t want to give up the ride time). We ideally wouldn’t go back to HS after lunch.

How should we tackle this? Any advice is very much appreciated!

My toddlers (at the time) did not like MFSR. If it is just for DH, you might consider sending him through the single rider line. That can go pretty quick. I'd consider going over to Alien Swirling Saucers with the toddler (still my 6yo DD's favorite) while others knock out MFSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter