Hollywood Studios Hat Removal

Very Excited to see the beautiful view of the theater again. That is what Hollywood Studios is about not the "hat".

So glad it's going! I never understood the explanation that the Studios needed an icon. I always figured the Earful Tower was the icon of the park, and fitting one at that.

The place planned for it does not yet exist - it will be part of the expansion.

All the photos prove they are destroying it as they cut it apart and take it down. That hat will not be reused.

https://twitter.com/***************/status/558322796724752384

https://twitter.com/***************/status/558336790109884416

:( sad to see it go... any idea what will be put in its place?

Take if for what it's worth but a coordinator said there won't be anything put on the spot for now. With all the work to come in other areas it makes no sense to add something at this point.

All the photos prove they are destroying it as they cut it apart and take it down. That hat will not be reused.
I can only report what the recent internal plans are. They call for a return, with a specific location identified. If I learn of a change in those plans, I'll certainly pass it along.

I really hate to see it go but knowing that it will make room for another attraction will be great. I really hope that I get a chance to see what they put there soon!!

I really hate to see it go but knowing that it will make room for another attraction will be great. I really hope that I get a chance to see what they put there soon!!

Um they're not putting an attraction there no space really but apparently they are going to build a permanent stage with lighting more out of the way from guest view when it's not in use sort of like with the castle stage in the MK. At least that's the current rumor.

It is a shame to see it torn down so recklessly and thrown to the side, but it'll be nice to see Hollywood Studio's as it was intended - with the Chinese Theatre as the sticking point.

They look like they are torching parts that are giving them trouble. Not the way to do it if they want to put up somewhere else.
Thank god its coming down, what an eyesore.

I never understood the explanation that the Studios needed an icon. I always figured the Earful Tower was the icon of the park, and fitting one at that.

I never liked the hat, and I thought the Earful Tower was great, but I understand why it wasn't a great icon. It could only be seen from either the Backlot Tour or from outside the park. It wasn't a focal point like the castle, Spaceship Earth, or Tree of Life. Why that didn't occur to anyone when the park was being designed is another question.

I ever really liked the hat but it is sort of depressing to sEE it in pieces like this. Can't they have taken it down more quickly? And not in pieces over such a long period of time?

I ever really liked the hat but it is sort of depressing to sEE it in pieces like this. Can't they have taken it down more quickly? And not in pieces over such a long period of time?

I think they're doing it a safely as they can plus they only seem to be doing work at night rather than during the day which means les hours to do it as they have to wait until the park is clear to bring in everything they need and they have to get out before the park opens to guest. It's always a tricky business when you have limited hours to do something.

Um they're not putting an attraction there no space really but apparently they are going to build a permanent stage with lighting more out of the way from guest view when it's not in use sort of like with the castle stage in the MK. At least that's the current rumor.

Thank You for the correction, I had heard that some type of Avatar attraction was going there. I didn't know or think that Disney had much or anything to do with the Avatar film. Thank You!!

Thank You for the correction, I had heard that some type of Avatar attraction was going there. I didn't know or think that Disney had much or anything to do with the Avatar film. Thank You!!

Disney doesn't have anything to do with the Avatar films however they do have the theme park rights to them and are currently building a new land based on the original movie and the upcoming sequels/ prequels whatever they are in DAK not DHS.

It's like how the Harry Potter attractions are in universal even though the movies were made by warner Brothers. Universal bought the theme park rights to them.

Disney doesn't have anything to do with the Avatar films however they do have the theme park rights to them and are currently building a new land based on the original movie and the upcoming sequels/ prequels whatever they are in DAK not DHS.

It's like how the Harry Potter attractions are in universal even though the movies were made by warner Brothers. Universal bought the theme park rights to them.

Oh ok, I understand now. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter