Hollywood studio, how to tackle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they get something’s sorted out by my trip. 5 tier 1 rides, potentially 2 BG rides and one ride standby only is rediculous
I completely agree and the fact that people are having to get there so early or buy CL fast passes in order to get it all done makes me a little sad. Not really my idea of a magical time, and I am usually a rope drop and late night person.

I haven’t been to Toy Story land so I would like to do SDD at a minimum. RNR (in the past, multiple times) and ToT are must dos for our family. I don’t think there would be any issues for us missing TSMM or Saucers.

Let's say they change HS to an 8AM opening in April, without CL FPs I would do:

8AM Star Tours
9AM SDD
10AM Beauty

Try to grab 4th FP (RNR) as soon as Beauty is burned.
Would need to ride ToT and MFSR as standby, or later in evening.

I heard rumors that you will have to choose either RotR or MMRR as a BG, not both.

What is BG? I have figured out most of the abbreviations but this one has me stumped. That has traditionally referred to Busch Gardens on the DIS (been on here since 1999) but that doesn't fit the context here/

What is BG? I have figured out most of the abbreviations but this one has me stumped. That has traditionally referred to Busch Gardens on the DIS (been on here since 1999) but that doesn't fit the context here/
BG = Boarding Group

PP was referring to the current system in place for guests that wish to ride Rise of the Resistance.

We did everything we wanted (a lot) in 1 day back in September. This is what we did in order: Star Tours (short wait in morning), going around SWGE, butt (swirling saucers), Frozen (FP), Indy, Beauty and The Beast (FP), TSM (FP), Mermaid (FP- not much else when we checked), Star Wars in old animation building, Walt Disney presents (one man's dream), Muppets, back to SWGE for Smuggler's Blues...I mean Run, Lightning Mcqueen's Racing Academy, Fantasmic (FP), Wonderful World of Animation show on Chinese Theater building, Star Wars fireworks

This has been my only issue with my plans for our trip at the beginning of May. I am usually really good at planning park days and before SWGE, HS was just a half day park for me and I could get everything done. Now I’ll be there before park opening to try for a BG.
My ideal plan I guess, is to have the earliest FP for SDD and two throw away FP. I’ll either stand by ToT, TSMM and RnR or get same day passes because I’ve been checking everyday and there seems to be a lot of them available throughout the day.
The tier system here is a complete mess and stresses me out!

Same. I really, really, really hate the tiered FP system at DHS and the unknown factors with SWGE is making it ten times more complicated. It is what it is but it gives planner type A's the fits. :)
This! I usually have my touring plans down to the minute, but touring Hollywood Studios now is just a big unknown! I will still have a touring plan, but not knowing when or if you'll get a boarding group, not knowing when or if you can get the other tier 1 rides in, is hard to handle. I guess it will help me become more of a "go with the flow" person when I go in March. But then again, I doubt it!

Star Tours is not worth a FP in my mind. They wait is usually not that long, and the Que is interesting enough to walk through and entertain you.

obviously SSD is the most coveted FP, so if thats on your list, then either rope drop that or get the FP. That has been the longest wait times consistently for a while.

MFSR can be a shorter wait later in the evening.

RRC, your gonna wait.

TT : watch the wait times thou the day, as it fluctuated alot and you can get on in under 30 minutes depending on the time of day.

Star Tours is not worth a FP in my mind. They wait is usually not that long, and the Que is interesting enough to walk through and entertain you.

obviously SSD is the most coveted FP, so if thats on your list, then either rope drop that or get the FP. That has been the longest wait times consistently for a while.

MFSR can be a shorter wait later in the evening.

RRC, your gonna wait.

TT : watch the wait times thou the day, as it fluctuated alot and you can get on in under 30 minutes depending on the time of day.

Of course not. But where else are you going to use a tier 2...:confused3

This is pushing me to CL FP, which I am loath to do. Deciding between that and SW dessert party.

What exactly is Wonderful World of Animation and will it replace the Galactic Spectacular?

Anyone want to guess what the opening time will be during April? Maybe 7AM for Easter Week and 8 AM otherwise?

Touring Plans suggests you make SDD your 2nd ride of the morning, not your first. Everyone will have streamed to SDD first thing and TSM or the saucers will have much less of a wait. As for what to do about Boarding Groups - you're on your own there - I was there the week it opened and I didn't even try. Next trip. Spend time to admire the detail of Bantu - especially if someone in your group is mechanically inclined. The stuff looks real - and purposeful.

I haven’t been to Toy Story land so I would like to do SDD at a minimum. RNR (in the past, multiple times) and ToT are must dos for our family. I don’t think there would be any issues for us missing TSMM or Saucers.

Let's say they change HS to an 8AM opening in April, without CL FPs I would do:

8AM Star Tours
9AM SDD
10AM Beauty

Try to grab 4th FP (RNR) as soon as Beauty is burned.
Would need to ride ToT and MFSR as standby, or later in evening.

I heard rumors that you will have to choose either RotR or MMRR as a BG, not both.
Tower of Terror FastPasses don’t run out until late in the day with the current tiering. You’ll be able to ride it with a FP.

My ideal plan I guess, is to have the earliest FP for SDD and two throw away FP. I’ll either stand by ToT, TSMM and RnR or get same day passes because I’ve been checking everyday and there seems to be a lot of them available throughout the day.
Yes! This is why everything will be fine.

Every.single. post. is my current situation!!! Our FP open on Sunday for our March 19-27 trip. We will be in HS on the 23rd and the 26 and I'm at a total loss on how to handle our plans. Like so many of you, I usually have a well thought out plan going in and it usually works beautifully for us. The horrible tiering situation coupled with the new rides is just too much and makes planning really difficult. As of now we plan on getting to the park at 8a for the 9a park opening (assuming this doesn't change) and hopefully will get a BP when it opens up. We don't want to do any of the tier two rides so we've asked our TA to just get early FP so we can dump the tier 2 passes in hopes of getting another tier one after we use our first one. Other than that, we plan on waiting in line for TOT, RNRC and hope to rope drop TSM and SDD. Thankfully our hotel is on the skyliner line so if it is just nuts, we may go back and rest/swim and try again in the afternoon/evening.

It's just nuts. They realllllllllllly need to do something!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter