Hollywood EMM August 8

2 Dis Dorks

Earning My Ears
Longtime lurker - rarely post. Attended EMM at Hollywood Studios this morning. There were 2 of us. Me (Mom age 46) and DD15. When we checked in there appeared to be approx. 20 names on the list. I would say most groups were 2-4 people.

I asked if it was possible to sign-up for Jedi Training. I was told it was. We had no interest but thought I would ask for those on the Boards. I didn't actually check it out, but we were free to go wherever we wanted in the park and were left in before the breakfast guests.

We did the Olaf Meet and Greet with no line, Woody and Buzz with no line, Mickey and Minnie with no line, 3 rides on TSMM without exiting the car. Skipped Star Tours. Ate breakfast which was as expected. Fruit was good. We headed to RNR and TOT at 9:00 and then had another FP for RNR.

There is no way this group could have impacted the PPO Breakfast people or those who arrived for rope drop.

Nice relaxing (yet pricey) morning. I am on the fence as to whether or not it was worth it. Probably not. I doubt I would do it again, but do not regret doing it once. It was a nice experience. We are going to do the MK EMM tomorrow.

Thank you so much for the report! We go next Wednesday and I've been anxiously awaiting that JTA sign up confirmation since we canceled our PPO breakfast in favor of EMM. Have fun tomorrow!

Thanks for your report. Looking forward to you opinions on MK EMM as we have it booked in a couple of weeks:-)

Let me add my thanks! These HS EMMs are/were one of my biggest unknowns going into my vacation. I am going to cross my fingers that they continue to be sparsely attended through the end of the month. I know they were reported to have no effect on rope drop at MK but was concerned since there are so few attractions at HS.

I can't wait to hear about EMM at MK. We're doing it on the 21st and I have this fear that it will be a disaster.

We did Villains Unleashed and I swore that we'd never do anything like it again; however, my curiosity and desire to ride the mine train got the best of me, and I talked everyone into doing MK EMM.

Can anyone tell me about how they run breakfast? I'm wondering if we can eat a little, then ride, then go back for more breakfast at the end of the hour.

I can't wait to hear about EMM at MK. We're doing it on the 21st and I have this fear that it will be a disaster.

We did Villains Unleashed and I swore that we'd never do anything like it again; however, my curiosity and desire to ride the mine train got the best of me, and I talked everyone into doing MK EMM.

Can anyone tell me about how they run breakfast? I'm wondering if we can eat a little, then ride, then go back for more breakfast at the end of the hour.

EMM is nothing like Unleashed the Villians. I wouldn't try to compare.

I'm not sure I've seen a bad review of the event yet, actually. And around here, that's saying something!

EMM is nothing like Unleashed the Villians. I wouldn't try to compare.

This is so good to hear! I've only seen good reviews, but something in the back of my mind was still making me feeling skeptical. This has me so excited now. :goodvibes

This is so good to hear! I've only seen good reviews, but something in the back of my mind was still making me feeling skeptical. This has me so excited now. :goodvibes

I went to both Unleashed but assume since we are talking paid events, you went to the second one. Yes, it was a complete disaster. DHS management does not know how to run a "party" only "private events". They provided characters and virtually nothing else plus sold too many tickets. It would have been better served as a several night thing with less tickets. We got basically nothing but a lanyard - and even my daughter didn't get hers because they ran out - for your money.

Early Morning Magic are severely limited in tickets sold, have only a few attractions open and serve you breakfast. I would say for many there is no value in this. MK, probably no value for ME, but DHS is. My DS is disabled and we have had to give up meeting Buzz & Woody together because of the long line in a confined space with lots of chaos. He loves meeting characters (there will be 5 including B&W), he loves TSMM but we usually can only ride once, he loves Star Tours and he loves breakfast. For me worth it.

I think when this really becomes a value is if they offer it for ToyStoryLand, StarWarsLand and Avatarland. They can probably sell it out daily. They might be able to pull off at Epcot with FEA and another E-ticket like Test Track. For now MK and DHS are great practice runs to fine tune it. So far I've heard only positive for MK. I can see DHS being less popular but for some, like us, it's a plus.

i wish they would continue these through October. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled....I actually changed my MK day to Sunday in case they do.

We were there yesterday. I counted the lines on the checklist too! It was a fantastic event. We did TSM 3x without getting off. We went to Star Tours but I wouldn't do that if I did the event again. It took up too much of our party time and another family joined our ride at the very last minute which was disappointing. We did all the meet and greets too. The breakfast was great and we lingered after 10am to finish it.

We debated doing the event today at MK but the teenagers had no interest at all.

Aww, thanks for the coming to report on it! Would love to hear how MK's EMM went today. We have both booked for our trip in a couple of weeks and I'm feeling a little anxious that it won't be worthwhile.

I'm hoping that both events extend through (at least) the end of October. Expensive, yes, but might be totally worth it for us.

I'm really hoping EMM is extended too. I would love to do EMM at DHS on our Nov trip. We were going to do H&V anyway so I think it might be worth it to spend a bit more and get a few attractions in early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter