Hollywood Brown Derby's Tri-color Pasta with Scallops and Shrimp

I cannot for the life of me remember which cookbook I got this from( I think it was called Taste of Florida), but it was put out like 15 years ago or with recipes from restaurants around central Florida, many of which were within WDW. Here is the recipe as photocopied from the cookbook

6 oz fresh tri-color linguine
2 oz clarified butter
1 medium onion, minced
5 oz (36- to 40-count) shrimp, peeled, deveined and tail removed
5 oz frozen sea scallops
8 oz feta cheese or to taste
Salt and white pepper to taste
1/4 Cup half and half
5 sprigs parsley, chopped
2 garlic breadsticks, cut in half lengthwise

Cream Sauce:
2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
2 Tablespoons flour
Salt and white pepper to taste
1 Cup milk

To make cream sauce, melt 2 Tbl butter in small saucepan over low heat; blend in 2 Tbl flour and salt and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring until smooth and bubbling; remove from heat and stir in 1 Cup of milk. Heat just to boiling point, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until thickened.
Set sauce aside and keep warm.
Cook pasta, drain and set aside.
In a skillet, add clarified butter and heat. Stir in minced onions and seafood and saute just until seafood is tender.
Blanch cooked pasta in hot water to reheat and add to saute pan.
Stir in cream sauce and feta cheese.
Adjust seasonings and consistency; if sauce is too thick, stir in half and half and redce to desired consistency.
Divide contents of pan between two serving plates. Garnish with chopped parsley and accompany with a bread stick.
Makes 2 servings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter