Hollywood and vine

We had lunch there last month. I thought it was good, not great, but definitely better than the horrible reviews I've seen on DIS. I liked the roast pork, plantains and the chicken dishes. They have a chocolate fountain (don't worry, it's behind the counter and no guests touch it :) ) with lots of chocolate-covered fruit and desserts. The real reason to go is the character interaction. The characters get really into it and will spend several minutes at your table if you want. The dancing and singing is also great for preschoolers. If you have a little one who loves Disney Junior, I recommend it.

We took the kids for lunch. It was fine. Not high class dining by any means, but I didn't have anything that was vile! Actually, the food was better than the lunch we had at Chef Mickeys a few years ago. I was really concerned after seeing the reviews here, but my concerns were unfounded. The kids ADORED it, the character interaction was one of the best of all the character meals we have been to.

We did the breakfast there last year and it was one of our favorite meals. The character interaction was absolutely fantastic. My kids loved it. I thought the food was fine- nothing spectacular, but I didn't expect that at a breakfast buffet.

I wrote a review on it a couple of months ago. That can be found at the following link:

http://www.disneyparksplanning.com/2013/06/disney-eats-table-service-restaurants.html

In my opinion, it's pretty good! Is it the best meal at DHS? No, but it is a great value and the food is nowhere near as bad as a lot of people say. For me, a huge selling point for dinner is the Fantasmic! Package. More so, at other FP restaurants, your reservation times are pretty limited. For Mama Melrose's in June, I had to work very, very hard to get an ADR for 5:05 instead of one before 4pm (for dinner!) whereas, I find myself usually able to get a H&V ADR for 6 or even 6:30pm (much more normal dinner time for our family).

Also, I love the pasta station there (maybe it's just because I'm all about pasta and couldn't get enough of it). It's fresh, good, and varied. I enjoyed my meal and try to return there somewhat often!

We've eaten there 3 times for dinner as part of the F! package, and our family likes it. DW, who generally doesn't like buffets, likes it and specifically requests it when we look at booking TS in DHS.

I know we're in the minority, but we think the diner decor is cool, the food selections are varied and replaced regularly so they're fresh, and we like the food quality. It's not a ground-breaking culinary experience but worth a try, IMHO.

If your kids are into those characters I will say that the interaction is great. The food, well, it was there. There is a decent variety, but it is very bland. It wasn't hot enough for me which grosses me out. There wasn't any standout foods. If your kids love the characters it is definitely worth it, other than that I can't see the point of going. We went for lunch, not sure about the breakfast.

We have lunch rsv for 11:15 how long should be we allow for this meal. This is our first time to disney :)

we had a late breakfast reservation in May and we really liked it!! I was worried about the poor reviews. The food was good and the character interaction was FANTASTIC..each character came to our table twice.

Oh and we had the last breakfast ressie time..so we got to eat breakfast and try lunch...I thought the breakfast was 10x's better than the lunch. I dont think I would waste my money on the lunch.

No Good Review here. We had dinner (no characters) and it was indeed vile.
H & V is one of only 2 restaurants in all of WDW that I will NEVER return to.
We sat admist dirty, unbussed tables. Our waitress was RUDE to us - the only time this has ever happened in all of our trips to WDW. The hot food was not hot, the cold food was not cold, the buffet was dirty and the Ladies Room was filthy!!!!!
Never Again under any circumstance will I eat here.

We have lunch rsv for 11:15 how long should be we allow for this meal. This is our first time to disney :)

I would say it depends on how many trips you take to the buffet. We'd seen all the characters within half an hour. We made the mistake of having a snack at Writer's Stop (a delicious mistake, but still) that morning and each had a plate of lunch and a small plate of dessert. Our reservation was for 11:15, we were seated by 11:20 and out the door by noon.

No Good Review here. We had dinner (no characters) and it was indeed vile.
H & V is one of only 2 restaurants in all of WDW that I will NEVER return to.
We sat admist dirty, unbussed tables. Our waitress was RUDE to us - the only time this has ever happened in all of our trips to WDW. The hot food was not hot, the cold food was not cold, the buffet was dirty and the Ladies Room was filthy!!!!!
Never Again under any circumstance will I eat here.

Is the ladies room connected to 50's Prime Time? I think it is, but my recollection is foggy. Not that that excuses it for having a dirty restroom...

We did the breakfast there last year and it was one of our favorite meals. The character interaction was absolutely fantastic. My kids loved it. I thought the food was fine- nothing spectacular, but I didn't expect that at a breakfast buffet.

This. We went for breakfast as well and I agree- fine, but nothing special. If you have kids that love the Disney Jr characters, I highly recommend it. Best character interaction I've seen at any of the restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter