• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Holidays

Mkripke

Mouseketeer
We are going in October 2021 for the 50th anniversary and was wondering when they change decorations?
We thought about going on Saturday 10/30 for Halloween and was wondering when they put up the Christmas decorations?
hoped to maybe get a 2 for 1 holiday trip

thank you

They usually begin changing over from Halloween to Christmas right after Halloween (sometimes the night of 10/31, sometimes the night of 11/1 if they have an extra Halloween party because the first is a weekend). This year was a bit slower because of obvious reasons and until we know if there are going to be parties this year, the same can be said about 2021.

In "Life before Covid", MVMCP began on the weekend or two (depending on how the calendar fell that year) after Halloween. So, if Halloween fell on a Friday, the parties would start in a full week past Halloween. We bridged both parties one year. Glad we did it, but I don't need that much party in a week ever again! It was great fun though.

Before Covid I was adamant about being there for the anniversary in October. Now, I won't go near it. I was done with crowds in the park this past February, now I am pretty sure I'm done with them for good. I'm sure it will be amazing and beautiful, as is the Disney way, for those who attend, but I'm happy to say we won't be there. (I can't believe I actually said that after soooo many years of loving everything about it).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter