holiday time @ DL tour

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by Meriweather, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Mickey&JoshNut

Mickey&JoshNut <font color=purple>It's not nice to distract the c

you enjoy your tour too!!!!! we can't wait for this trip!!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dana278

dana278 Mouseketeer

Odd question, but does anyone happen to know if the tour swings by Soarin' at all? I was hoping to pop over for a few seconds and grab some FPs for later in the day. LOL

4. CheshireGato

CheshireGato DIS Veteran

We just stayed on the main street and Carsland, but maybe if you make a special request you could run over there super fast, some of the people in our group did some pin trading while we waited and our guide answered questions.

5. dana278

dana278 Mouseketeer

Thanks! I mean it's not that important, I don't want to be a bother. I'll just play it by ear and see if the opportunity comes up.

6. Riniel

Riniel Mouseketeer

Ok so I'm determined to make this tour happen on Dec 31! One quick question: I know when buying items in the parks with my AP, any credit cards used must match the name on the AP. This isn't normally a problem for me, as though I don't have a credit card, I just pay with cash. However does anyone know if this rule is true for booking a tour? So if my mum pays with her credit card can I use my AP for the discount even though the names are different? TIA!

7. lizdotcom99

lizdotcom99 <font color=purple>Tags Have Been Donated<br><font

We just had a friend of ours book a tour for us as she has an AP and we do not. We are all going on the tour...she just has to be present since she is the AP holder who bought the tickets. I am sure it is fine in reverse so long as she is present.

8. Dramamama

Dramamama Mouseketeer

I'm doing this tour on Dec. 1. I'm so looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

9. Malcon10t

Malcon10t DIS Veteran

I can't remember, but I think they ask for the AP and I think the name has to match the credit card for the discount. I know it does for merchandise.

10. Priory

Priory DIS Veteran

I've booked two tours using an AP discount and they've never asked me for any proof. I have always assumed they just look it up by name to confirm but who knows...

11. Riniel

Riniel Mouseketeer

Thanks for the replies! I will attempt the AP/credit card purchase, but if that doesn't work we also have CAA so we should be able to get the discount somehow!

12. QueenDoOver

QueenDoOver Dis Diva

Just wanted to say "yay!" I booked the tour for my 10 year old son and myself on Sunday Dec 16th at 1:15. I told him all the details and he was really excited about it. I think it was the coco and the cookie that won him over:)

13. Meriweather

Meriweather Aria's Nana

Well, we were underwhelmed with the tour. We've taken many, mostly at WDW.
    The talk was too scripted, the walking too fast..............we spent 15 minutes in DCA.
    The mug was a nice surprise, loved the seating for the parade and the pin though.

14. danimaroo

danimaroo DIS Veteran

At least you got to see the parade. Ours was canceled due to rain. :(

It was a decent tour, nothing I'd ever find necessary to do again. But I did enjoy the mug of hot chocolate, the gingerbread cookie, samples, and the pin. :)

EDIT: I should mention I enjoyed the tour overall, but the torrential downpour we found ourselves in was a bit brutal at times, haha. Plus losing out on seeing the Christmas parade was a pretty big bummer... but we figure we'll just have to make another trip around Christmas time to catch it another time. :)

15. Meriweather

Meriweather Aria's Nana

sorry you missed the parade. It was a lot of fun.

We don't find it necessary to do again either. I do want to do the Halloween time one sometime now.

16. lizdotcom99

lizdotcom99 <font color=purple>Tags Have Been Donated<br><font

Sorry you were underwhelmed. The Walk in walt's Footsteps tour is not to be missed. It was amazing.

17. Meriweather

Meriweather Aria's Nana

We've done that one.........before Walt's apartment was added and it was really good.

We go in Oct, so hope to do the haunted holiday one then.....we'll see.

18. sirvin12

sirvin12 Mouseketeer

We did the tour on the 1st and found it underwhelming. My almost 7 year old didn't like it at all. The parade seats however were amazing and the joy on my girls faces then made it very worth it. Would I do it again, probably not.

Shannon

19. focusondisney

focusondisney DIS Veteran

We weren't impressed either. We didn't think the walk over to DCA was even worth the bother. Yes , the parade seats are great & the mug was a nice surprise. But we agree that tours are much better @ WDW. The holiday your @ WDW takes you behind the scenes to the warehouse. DH asked our guide where all the trees & decorations are stored. Answer: oh, some warehouse I guess. But she admitted she really didn't know for sure.

Getting on Small World & HM without waiting was great. So book for that & the parade seats. Don't expect any real secrets or behind the scenes info if you book this.

20. disneegrl4eva

disneegrl4eva <font color=darkcoral>now we just need a secret ha

Well I called in on the podcast and basically said the same thing ...Sherry had not heard anything negative so I'm glad it wasn't just me thinking that.... Not that I'm glad it was underwhelming for people actually that sucks but at least I know it wasn't just me that felt it

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

21. tanyaewa

tanyaewa Just can't get enough!

We really liked it! It was worth every penny to my family.
    We did it on Dec 1 10:30 tour. Guide was Alyssa. She was great.
    Loved all the info, and how special you felt following her around. The treats were very nice, the front of the line VERY helpful for our short 2 day trip, and our seats for the parade- priceless! It was very busy that day and the crowds were very large for the parade. Our seats were literally front row where the parade came out by IASW and we really felt like VIPs.