• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Holiday Skin lotion...

WDWfan uk

<font color=red>.... but you can call me Shirley :
... has anyone tried Johnson's Holiday Skin? I understand it's a body moisturiser with slight tanning ingredients.

I think Dove have brought out a similar product, has anyone tried either of these?

I won't use fake tanning cream as I'm scared of streaking and/or looking orange!!!

However, these sound as if they are more subtle - would love some firsthand knowledge :) !

I have a friend who swears by the holiday skin lotion, and she is always a great colour!
I even bought some on her recommendation, but I have not used it yet.

I have used the Johnsons Holiday Skin and its good, the first couple of times it looked a little streaky in places but after that it blended very nicely and also smells great. I am not one for using fake tan I usually go on the sunbeds but its worked really well :sunny:

Have used JHS and with practice (nows a good time because clothes can hide any streaks) it looks good, you just need to avoid dry areas like heels and sides of your feet, and wash your hands pretty quickly too. I don't like the smell as it develops - but thats probably just me. Would be interested to know what the Dove one smells like.

Jan

as an ex beauty therapist (yes yet another string to my bow!) just exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate and you can't go wrong with either. I use JHS and its lovely, the smell reminds me of baby baths!

I used to be a beauty therapist too and I recommend that you also wipe over areas like heels and back of knees etc with an old towel or tissue. To stop it staining your hands too much but hand lotion on first and then wash well after application, remember under the finger nails too.
I have used the Johnsons one and it does have a very nice colour, it great to use when you get back from a holiday too.

I use the Johnsons lotion and get a lovely colour on my legs which would otherwise look like plucked chicken legs :rotfl2: . Agree with Spook though about the smell, I'm not at all keen so am going to try the Dove one.

I like to one from Dove. I have only been using it over a week and I have a little colour. I'm blonde and very fair skinned so every little helps for me :goodvibes

I used the Johnsons one a lot last year and found it to be very good. May try the Dove one to see what I think of it.

Shirley

I have been using Johnson's Holiday Skin in readiness of our upcoming cruise and I must say I am very impressed with it. Not only is the colour very good but it does ensure you moisturise after every shower/bath so a win, win situation.

Tammy

Shirley, I have just bought DD some Johnsons today, as she is red haired and very fair skinned, she never gets a tan.
I got it from Asda and it was buy one get one free, they also had the Dove one on the BOGOF offer too.
Hope it works as she never tans.

Ive used the Johnsons one and found it a bit streaky...so tried the dove one and have not streaked yet :rotfl2:

the dove smells nicer too

Janie
:)

I tried it last year and din't realise there were 2 shades. The lighter one was better for me and the first couple of times it was a bit streaky but then it came good.
I think it is still on special offer at Boots just now down to £2.39 so I am going to stock up for the summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter