holiday self catering accomodation in UK - recomendations ** I've booked**

snookhams

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
We are looking at a self catering break in August between 2 big swimming competitions, so somewhere quite and peaceful but I have looked at lots of properties that I am now confused. Any disers that have any recomendation of places they know or have stayed at might be able to help, we are a family of four me, DH and 2 boys 17 and 13 so a 2/3 bed would be best. Thanks

Not really fussy - we will be in Sheffield the last week in July, so could tag it onto that or we could come home to Essex and travel from their, all we are sure about is that we want some where quite, other than that our only real problem would be with a cottage with low beams as 3 out of 4 of us are 6', 6'4" and 6'7" so not really practical!!!!

I go to a lovelt pine cabin in Aviemore a lot, you get a pass to go to the macdonald Highland resort, the have a lovely pool,gym,steam room and a sauna, really lovell pub around the corner with big fires and amazing views.

We liked the log cabins at Warmwell in Weymouth. They also have a ski slope

DSC00515-1.jpg

DSC00523-1.jpg

Its close to the sea too

Hope you find somewhere to go that you really like

Susan

you could alawys take a trip over the sea to Ireland

I go to a lovelt pine cabin in Aviemore a lot, you get a pass to go to the macdonald Highland resort, the have a lovely pool,gym,steam room and a sauna, really lovell pub around the corner with big fires and amazing views.

I was going to suggest Aviemore as well - The Macdonald Highland Resort is lovely. You have the Cainrgorms on your doorstep. We know friends that have used these ones.

www.lochinsh.com

If you want to fly up it would be to Inverness airport.

Thanks for the ideas guys - someone mentioned pine lodges and I remembered seeing a sight with some set around a lake - about an hour 20 min drive from Sheffield so I rang and booked adding it onto our visit to sheffield. this is the lodge we are booked into http://www.eyekettlebylakes.com/lodge_chestnut.php# can't wait to hit the hot tub will certainly need it after DS competing in Sheffield swimming every day for 6 consecutive days - will certainly need a break as it will be exhausting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter