Holiday room decorating

buzzgirls&dad

DIS Veteran
We are staying @ BWV and I wanted to bring some decorations for our room. So I thought I would turn to my Dis pals and see what they like to bring. I have some clings for the windows and some window markers ( I don't know if I
should use those). :confused3 I didn't know if the doors were metal so clings might work on them as well. :confused3 We also celebrate Hanukkah so we bring our travel Menorah. I would love to hear what other do as well. :banana: :cheer2: :banana:

I wouldn't use window markers or anything that would cause extra work for the hosuekeeper or leave any hint that it was ever there (like no taks in the walls or tape on the walls).

Also as a reminder, don't hang anything off the sprinkler heads!

Anne

I'm bringing lights for the balcony. A wreath for the door, a holiday tablecloth, a small christmas tree, holiday hand towels and dish cloths and several decorations for around the room. We are staying at SSR in a GV and driving so I have lots of options. Dsis is planning on fixing a turkey dinner for our group of 16. Susan

Yes you can use the over the door wreath holders. Just make sure it's one of the thinner one's. Susan

I have used the window markers before- they are fun, and no problem to clean up yourself on the day you leave!

We are hoping to get a room with a boardwalk view and that is why I thought the window markers would be fun. Of course we would take care of any mess we made before we leave. Is there usually an outlet for lights on the balcony? :flower:

Is there an outlet to plug in lights right under the window or do we need to bring an extension cord.
thanks

I already bought a little Christmas tree and a small string of lights and ornaments, I also want to bring a wreath for the door and those clingy things, hubby thinks I am crazy but oh well........

Tink215 said:
I already bought a little Christmas tree and a small string of lights and ornaments, I also want to bring a wreath for the door and those clingy things, hubby thinks I am crazy but oh well........

Actually DH and DS are thinking I've gone a little wacky with the Christmas decorations, but phooey on them!!! :rolleyes1

I've gathered the following things for our room at SSR...we'll be in a one BDR and I'm hoping for a balcony, but have a back up plan.

-small tree with lights, ornaments, and tree skirt
-lights to hang on the balcony or to string on the sliding door with suction cup holders if we're on the first floor
-extention cords for the above
-3 stockings for the family
-lime green Mickey head with Santa hat (the size of a small placemat...I made this from the foam sheets...1 for the door and the other to hang on the window

We were at BWV for the holidays last year, and put lights on our balcony. We plugged an extension cord in the master bedroom, and ran it outside. The door was still able to close.

Here is a picture of our balconies (we were on the 4th floor):

(click on the photo for a larger view)

Just an FYI, since you are staying at the BWV, boardwalk views are reserved for Disney Vacation Club members, since they are in a seperate room category only available for members to book.

Dh bought a 3 1/2 foot tree at Hobby Lobby for all of $9 yesterday. It collapses onto itself, so it will take-up very little room. It looks great. Now I need some small Disney ornaments. Any suggestions?

Hi!

Thanks for starting this thread. Love those ideas too! We are staying at the beach club villas for the first 5 days and then switching over to Saratoga for another 2. We celebrate hanukkah also and we'd like to decorate our room too - what type of travelling menorah do you have? Over the years we have collected some Disney hanukkah decorations - (although they have made less and less over the years it seems to me :confused3 - disney are you listening?) I love the ideas of the cling decorations and maybe some blue and white lights on the balcony would be fun.

Good luck and keep the ideas coming everyone!

Melissa :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter