Holiday Inn Vacation Club Cape Canaveral to Port

PinkLogic

Earning My Ears
Has anyone had any experience taking the shuttle from the Holiday Inn Cape Canaveral (formerly Ron Jon) to the Port and if so what time did you get to the Port? Would it be faster to rent a car or take a cab? Do you have to wait until a certain time before the cab will take you? Thanks!

Has anyone ever stayed at this resort pre-cruise? What transportation did you take to the port and what time did you arrive? We are trying to figure the best way to the get the port early. Thank you

For those of you that have stayed at this resort I am also wondering how you liked it.

We stayed at this resort after our 7-day Fantasy cruise last September (back when it was Ron Jon's Cape Caribe). I will say the resort was great, and would love to stay there again...lots of activities for the kids, a waterpark, pretty easy access to the ocean, etc. We had the 2 bedroom suite, and it was nice and big.

Although we stayed after the cruise, they let us park the car there for free during the cruise. I had just called to ask prior to staying, and they have place for cruisers to park...whether before or after.

I believe they have a shuttle, but I may have missed it, or didn't want to wait for it. I'm not sure about the price. After I dropped off the family at the port, I went back and had them call me a cab while I parked the car. The cab they called wasn't the main one I saw everywhere, but was fine. I think it cost around $15 plus tip (price also include a $5 charge that I guess the port charges taxis/buses).

After the cruise, I had planned on just taking a taxi by myself to the resort from the taxi line, and then going back to pick up the rest of the family. But the porter mentioned that it's the same price for 1 or 5 people...so all 5 of us and our luggage piled in the minivan taxi (the main one in town I believe) and rode to the hotel. It was much more convenient that way, and very quick. I think the cost was around $17 + tip.

So I think it was pretty worth it, and may be a better deal if they have the shuttle. My problem with shuttles is just the possibility of waiting...the year before, we had the Country Inn and Suites shuttle, and while nice, there was a fair wait after the cruise as there were 3 ships in port. When we had left for the port, our cruise was the only one in port that day, so wasn't too crowded. One tip is to check the port schedule to see how busy your embark/debark days are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter