Holiday Inn Sunspree, Lake Buena Vista input.

tinkerooo

Earning My Ears
Has anyone stayed in Holiday Inn Sunspree,Lake Buena Vista? It has free continental BF and kids eat free. I am torn between Sheraton Safari and Holiday Inn.I can get both for about same price but if I make ressie for HI, it has no refund policy at all. My Sheraton Safari is good deal but it's smoking and i need non-smoking. I can't find reviews on this Holiday Inn though. Any input would be great help because we're only staying here for 2 nightd before actual resie in AKL....... :crazy: :smooth:

I stayed there in February and thought it was great. Kids do eat free, but there was no free continental breakfast when I was there. They do have a good breakfast buffet though, for about $10.00 per person. They also have a little convenience store (Pinky's) that sells bagels and donuts, etc.

Hi Tinkeroo,

We stayed at HI Sunspree recently and found it to be OK. Our room led off a balcony which overlooked the swimming pool. This proved to be very noisey until 11pm or so each night. with kids running around the balconies and shouting down to others in the pool. We asked to be moved to a quieter room and this was taken care of quickly.

If you are only staying there for two nights it will be OK but I wouldn't recommend it for a longer stay.

Camac

I stayed in February as well. I tried both the standard room and the kids suite. DON'T waste your $$ on the kids suite. It is a standard room with a 3/4 partition wall in it. I much preferred the standard. Breakfast was great and as the above poster stated $10/adult kids were free. If you are in the priority club ask for a welcome pack and you will get $2 off coupons for the buffet. Enjoy!

dpratt68 said:
I stayed in February as well. I tried both the standard room and the kids suite. DON'T waste your $$ on the kids suite.

I totally agree. The Sunspree was our first Orlando Hotel. We were very excited about the 'Suite' - visions of the Ritz..... - but it was just an ordinary room with bunkbeds....

However the kidsclub was very good .

jwaltaz said:
I totally agree. The Sunspree was our first Orlando Hotel. We were very excited about the 'Suite' - visions of the Ritz..... - but it was just an ordinary room with bunkbeds....

However the kidsclub was very good .

We also had a "Kidsuite", but since we had stayed at other Holiday Inn kidsuites before, we new what we were getting. I agree it is really only a "partition", but it was mainly the bunk-beds that we booked it for. Our 10 and 12 y/o kids just cannot sleep together and I new I wouldn't sleep well with either of them. There just didn't seem to be a lot of choices in hotels if you wanted bunk-beds. The kids (and us) also enjoyed having their own TV's - not that we had much time to watch TV, but I was able to catch up on the news and Olympics, while they watched "Disney's Top 7" over and over and over.....

We are staying there end of April. I had read some not-so-good things about it online but people I've talked to personally really liked it. My dh has Priority Club Gold (probably have enough pts for Platinum by then) so we almost always do Holiday Inns.

we were there about four years ago. Loved the pool and the kids suite but i have to say we hated the food in the restaurant. That was a while ago so who knows now...but as i said we did love the pool !!!

I think I was spoiled by HIFS now Nick suites with the seperate bedrooms. That's what I thought all kids suites would be.

dpratt68 said:
I think I was spoiled by HIFS now Nick suites with the seperate bedrooms. That's what I thought all kids suites would be.

Yeah, we looked at the Nick suites, but they were quite a bit more money than the HI Sunspree.

What dates were you there in February, maybe we saw you?

We stayed in it a while ago. We loved it. The kids had there own area and we had ours. Its not a 5 star but we can not afford any where near that so it was great for us. It was clean, had a fridge and 2 TV's. We used the pool but that is all.

WE stayed in a kids suite several years ago. It wasn't fancy, but had a king and FOUR bunks, plus kids had their own TV and we had a fridge & microwave.

On a recent trip we stayed in a reg room - still had the TV & Micro and it was very big compared to most rooms - plenty of room for the roll away.

The little store in the lobby wasn't too outrageous (and they had individual servings of Dippin' Dots!! :thumbsup2 ). They cooked Pizza & some other stuff to order and had quite a few convenience foods.

If you're priority club and have enough points it's 25k a night.

DNiece's and Dsis were with DD & I on recent trip and the consensus was that we would all come back. We had just come from the HISunspree on Clearwater Beach and this was 100% better.

I just returned from 14 day's and I was quite happy, my last two trips I stayed at HIFS which has since doubled their rates, Sunspree is not as nice as HIFS however for half the price it is well worth it, the pool was nice and the rooms were clean, the small kitchen area was nice, I never ate at the hotel so I can't comment on that.

For a vacation with kids and where you spend most of your time out of your room.

I would rate HIFS a "10"

I would rate the Sunspree a "8" and would have no problem staying there again.

I know this is an old thread, but thought I'd ask anyways! :cool1:

DH and I are staying here in Feb 2007 - did anyone use the free shuttle? Can you walk to the park? Did anyone take a taxi to DW from the hotel?

We don't want to rent a car, so I'm thinking about other options!

We did not use the shuttle-we rented. we got a great deal on a buick rendezvous from Alamo (used their website to book). By the time you pay for airport shuttle and taxis or other shuttles, you might as well rent a vehicle. You have to pay to park at Disney but you can come and go as you please that way.

You can't walk to Disney from Sunspree. It's not too far to drive but Sunspree is in a very busy area, nestled between two freeways and on a busy street itself. I was nervous crossing the street to go to Walgreens!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter