Holiday Inn Nikki Bird?

kidsister

DIS Veteran
I tried Priceline and got this hotel on the weekend for $31 a night plus tax and charges for $77 for two nights (this friday and sat before checking into DVC).

Heard that there are some decent rooms but also some yuck...and that priceliners often get yuck.

Anyone stayed there lately? Anyone who can offer a suggestion as to how to get one of the 'remodeled' or 'better located' rooms?

Thanks!

but we stayed there for 1 night our last trip and we were ok with it. We are used to staying in really nice places going on business trips with husband to give you an idea of what are expectations are. We just wanted somewhere to stay for 1 night when we arrived in town before we checked into disney resort and they are close and inexpensive. It got fairly loud around the restaurants etc but our room was quiet and we were close to the pool on the ground floor. The room we had wasnt updated but it wasnt nasty either. It was clean and adequate for 1 night. We are returning in Sept for another trip to Disney and this time we were going to book them again. I have never used priceline...could you tell me how that works? $31 a night is an excellent rate. Do they charge extra fees etc other than tax? We paid $48 a night and thought we were getting an excellent deal. As far as the room location, you could always ask to be moved if you were not satisfied with your room.

Thanks for the info, DisneyGal...
As for priceline, shortly before your trip (it seems there is a better selection)
you can start with a cheap rate for "resort" Disney Area ($55) and then as you add lesser starts (resort translates to 5 star) you can decrease price.
I couldn't get anything at 3 stars and $40, so I tried $31 and 2.5 stars and got the NikkiBird. Priceline adds both taxes and a fee for using them.

This was just a weekend 'quickie' before checking into BWV, but still, I can't stand dirty rooms or musty smells.

With so many timeshares in Orlando, there are some great deals available for the entire week ($200 and up) and that's a hard deal to beat!

Thanks for the info, DisneyGal...
As for priceline, shortly before your trip (it seems there is a better selection)
you can start with a cheap rate for "resort" Disney Area ($55) and then as you add lesser starts (resort translates to 5 star) you can decrease price.
I couldn't get anything at 3 stars and $40, so I tried $31 and 2.5 stars and got the NikkiBird. Priceline adds both taxes and a fee for using them.

This was just a weekend 'quickie' before checking into BWV, but still, I can't stand dirty rooms or musty smells. I've gotten some excellent deals on Priceline before, but it is better to stay with 3 stars or up IMHO.

Also, if you are staying a week, with so many timeshares in Orlando, there are some great deals available for the entire week ($200 and up) and that's a hard deal to beat! (Try Tug2.net or skyauction)

I had a friend stay there about 6 months ago and she wasn't very happy with it. It just looks run down and old. The room was clean but the hot tub wasn't working right, the room looked worn.

It is ok if you aren't planning much time at the hotel but I could think of better places to stay.

My sister got it on PL recently - she was fine with it - it's not a resort but not a dump, either.

She did ask for and receive an upgrade to a kidsuite - free.

We stayed there once for a pre-DVC stay, using PL to get the room. It's okay, not great. Our room was clean enough and the kids liked the pool. Staying there will make checking into BWV that much better!

We stayed at this hotel in August 2004-right when Charlie came through Orlando. The hotel is older and "run down", but the kid suites were good, which they had upgraded us to for free even though we had PL for a really cheap rate. We stayed in a room right next to the pool, and the pool was in great shape. Angel's has really good food for a buffet, which was obvious because the wait was long! People from other hotels were coming to eat there. Also, if you are staying there to go to disney, this is right out of the gate. We were able to avoid all the traffic on 4 because once you get on 4, move on over to the turning lane and you are there! For the price, I think it is worth it!

I didn't care for this hotel. I found it to be incredibly rundown. Also, I found it amusing that they were a stickler for the 4pm check-in time when we were there. We got there at 3:25pm and they said not before 4pm. Well, by 4pm there was a line of no less than 75 families checking in and it took about 50 minutes. The line was out of the hotel.

I just booked a night there with PL for $36 too. My daughter and family will be meeting us in Disney to check into DCV on the 20th and I wanted something really cheap for her "one nighter." She will be in Miami a few days before so she can check out of her hotel in Miami, go to the beach and drive up later without feeling rushed. The kids can eat free and they can relax overnight. You can't beat $36 for a stop over! Or a budget trip if necessary!

When we stayed we had gotten this hotel for $27/nt via priceline. I would of rather paid triple to stay anywhere else.

We stayed here for three days last year before our cruise. We found the hotel to me more than fine! The room was clean and comfortable and the location was great! Have a great trip!

I also got this hotel from priceline for $33 for two nights and Im not concerned at all, after all we don't go to WDW to spend that much time in the hotel, out by 8am and back at 11 pm . We have stayed at WDW value resorts before (POP) and the rooms there are not all that great, the only advantage to staying there is ME and EMH and since we are at WDW for 10 days I have a rental car. We have AP's so we don't have to pay to park and also plan to go to Sea World and Busch Gardens (our platinum SW San Diego AP's are good at all Busch parks) :teeth:

Does the Nikki Bird have a nice pool? Like deeper than 3 feet? I get tired of those 3 foot deep pools, lol.

This hotel has several pools. They did have shallow and deep ends. The one plus side was the water was always very warm (we went early spring)-- it was in the 80's when we were there. Bad side there was always a lot of mother natures debris and nude babies (seen the nude babies--different families 3 different days). The nude baby thing bugs me because they should have a swim diaper on.

Their pool is deeper than 3 feet. My kids did diving games in the deeper end while we were there.
Karen

I've been reading all the bad reviews about this hotel and it scared me because I did recommend to my inlaws that they try on Priceline for a room the night before they meet us at Disney.

I wanted to see some pictures of the hotel and went to Holiday Inn's website. I hope this link works:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/diswe?irs=y

I know they would put their best foot forward in pictures, but I was expecting it to look really bad. It does sound like the staff isn't too friendly from some reviews, but maybe for one night if you are only paying $30+ through PL it wouldn't be so bad. It looks nice in the pictures, but I understand that is not what it will look like in person.

Just thought someone else might want to look at the pictures.
DJ

A friend of mine got it thru Priceline for this past Th/F home on Sat. I had told her about my horrible room in Oct & showed her my pictures of the roaches & mold as well as the soap scum on the tub. When she checked in, she told them about my stay & requested not to be in any of the blgs in the very back (which was where I was). She said the woman knew exactly which area I was in! That shows they know there is a problem. Anyway, she was given room 296 in the back of the main blgd & pool side. She asked for a smoking room since she smokes. She said the room was very clean, did not smell of smoke or anything else. Everything was in working order & there were double sheeting on the beds. That was nothing like my room. She said that on Friday night there was a poolside movie with popcorn (she didn't go out there though). She was not charged the resort fee. She really was impressed compared to what she was expecting after seeing my pictures. She said she was satisfied, especially since it was for the $36 per night :thumbsup2 I hope this helps you an anyone else that will be staying in the near future.. remember...tell them you do not want the back section under any circumstances ...

Well I just got back from a wonderful week at the World and wanted to check out my post to give MY impression of the Hotel NIkki.

But you folks beat me to the punch with all your wonderful responses!
I called them the same day as check in and explained that they had been getting quite a few negative reviews on the disboard and that I was checking it out for myself. Although the location of our room (facing 192) wasn't the best, the room had been completely redone and I am also a sucker for double sheeting the beds....so I was duly impressed with the room, tho we really didn't 'use' it all that much. We had it for two weekend days prior to checking into the BWV.

Everything worked, and tho we didn't eat there or check out the pool, it passed inspection for our needs. Yes, check in seemed to be slow (even tho we only had 3 people in line..it took 15 minutes for one group to get over the fact that there rooms weren't side by side. Everyone seemed pleasant and there was lots of Disney info around. (I actually got a great map ).

$31 plus tax and PL fees were a good deal IMHO for a weekend rate for two double beds, nonsmoking. And it sure WAS close to World Drive....probably as close to MK as SS.

Thanks for all the info and tips. I think that if you go in knowing what to expect you will be pleased, overall, with this motel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter