Holiday Inn Family Suites?

queenbee

Earning My Ears
Hi,
I'm new to this board, so excuse the fact that I don't know my way around just yet. I have a question concerning the HIFS. I just made
reservations for apr 2004 at a rate of $119 per night, is that good, bad or about average. Whats a entertainment book rate? I plan to visit the budget board to get some ideas on cost cutting sugguestions but if you guys have any that might help I would appreciate it. I plan on travelling with my husband , 2 kids ( 5 yr and 2yr) my sister (33) and my mother. Thanks

Whether it is a good rate really depends on the time of year you are going?

We paid $109 last August with a special promotion that included free dinner buffet for our family (along with breakfast).

Last month we paid $86 a night using the entertainment rate.

www.entertainment.com It's a book full of coupons and discounts. All you need is the card in the front for the rate. Additionally, you don't have to buy the book before you book the rate. I believe it runs from November to November, so if they do offer the entertainment rate for your time period, wait to purchase a new book later this fall since you aren't traveling until next year. I've heard that they have temporarily stopped the entertainment rate, but it may be reinstated in a few months.

HIFS is a great low-cost place for families. Breakfast is included. Plus kids eat free at lunch and dinner.

Enjoy your trip :)

Teresa

It definitely depends on the time of year that you are going. We went last September and paid $99 a night. I also called the hotel a number of different time to get the best price and if I found a better one on the web, I would give them a call and they always would change it for me. I also read in a post earlier that HIFS had stopped accepting new entertainment book reservations until at least Sept.

Have a great time! We oved this hotel and we travelled with 5 children! There was so much to keep them busy!!!

Blessings,
Kim
momofdbsdc

Thanks, so much for your help. We will be travelling in April 2004 so
I will keep a look out for lower rates and check into the entainment
book in Nov 03.

Thanks Again

They have a special $129 a night during certain times this year. With that rate, you get $50 a night to spend at any of the food areas. With kids eating free, $50 goes a lot farther. I would call and see if they have the special for 2004.

I have an Entertainment Book rate of $76.00 in January but they are not accepting it again until at least Sept. However, when I recently called to add an additional night they quoted me the $119.00 but brought it down to $106.00 when I told her I was a Holiday Inn Priority Club member. It is easy to sign up for the Priority Club at www.priorityclub.com Once you get your e-mail confirmation with your club member number just call HIFS back up and ask if they have a better rate for members. It at least took enough off the total to make it worth it and membership is free. You will always get different rates depending on the season you are going and April I believe is busier then Jan. but any amount off is better then none. Good Luck!

I have a $94.90 rate for Sept. 26-29 with AAA and 21 day advanced booking savings. This is off the hotel's site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter