Holiday Inn Family Suites - Best Rate?

LisaMM

Earning My Ears
Hi all! I'm new to this board but I've received some great info just by browsing so far. We're visiting WDW starting June 4 or 5, for 5-7 days. The last time we went (four years ago), we stayed at the Holiday Inn Family Suites. I've got two kids, now ages 4 and 7, so it was a good place for us. I understand they are doing some remodeling of their pools, but at least one fun pool will be open, so I think we might stay there again anyway.

Right now I have a rate of $144 for the first night and $164 for four more nights. This is there "Dinner's On" special which includes a $24 credit per night for their restaurants. I'm not sure how much we'll eat dinner there, so I may change it to the other rate they offered, which is $134 for the first night and $154 per night for the rest of the nights. If we wind up staying for 7 nights, that rate goes down by $10 more per night. I still need to check AAA rates, which I think are slightly cheaper -- someone told me about $135 per night maybe. I did inquire about Entertainment Cards, but the hotel said they stopped accepting it about a month ago.

So, my question is, is this a good rate or does anyone know how to get a cheaper one?

A second question too: I've also looked into the Caribe Royale, which I've seen several postings for. Again, with two small kids, I'm thinking HIFS might be a better place, but the CR looked appealing too. Can anyone compare the two?

Thanks so much!!!

--Lisa

We last stayed at HIFS in September and I got it for $99 per night! I booked on their website and used AAA rate. When I put in all of my info, it showed a higher rate, but then I clicked on "show all available rates" and got the one for $99. I think it was online only and there was a "no cancel" policy. But, since we knew we were going, that was fine with us! Good luck and have a great vacation!

Hi:

Buy an entertainment book for $15 and you will save a lot (we are paying about $100/night during a two week stay in July. You must present the card at check in.

Kim

I am booked for about the same time. Same price. As far as I can tell (from HIFS web booking, and calling their direct number) they are no longer doing the Entertainment rate. If I am wrong PLEASE let me know :p

I got $89 before taxes with Ent Card for October. Just added a night to the trip this week and the same rate applied. I don't know if that's because it's an off peak time.

Could it be because you were adding a night to a rate you already had booked? I tried some October times at Ent. rate on holiday-inn online, no go. I have only called them about June, but they stated "we no longer offer the entertainment rate"

It could also be that if I tried them over the phone for fall it might be a go, but as far as I can tell from reading other threads it looks like they have pretty much cut that rate in prep for moving to the Nick theme (and even higher rates???) next year...:mad:

I do have the AAA rate, and it is 10 less per night (144 for mid June) What the OP stated is correct as far as I can tell - they stopped taking the card about a month ago - about the time I started looking and a poster here was, umm, complaining and being negative because he was there and didn't get that rate(~Easter)

Lisa,

If I were you, I would see if I could get a timeshare rental. There are so many nice properties in Orlando and many owners are willing to rent. We love timeshares and feel they offer so much value for the money. You could probably rent one cheaper than what you are paying for a motel.

I called about two weeks ago because I needed to change my reservations, and was told I would not be able to have my E rate because I was making a change and it was no longer avaliable... I told them not to change anything. A week later I called again and was able to make the change and keep my E rate. I guess the point to my story is you might want to try asking for the E rate more than once... I have read many people post about not being able to get it though.

The E rate for June 8-11th was $109 a night.

Sigh. Going to be there at the same time, but paying 144. I will try a couple more calls, just in case ;)

Thanks for the info!!

The $99 rate people have quoted are for lower-season / off-season rates. We received a meal credit and weren't sure we would use it, but ended up using it all (bar tabs were included). Of course we were also there off-season and the parks closed earlier so we came back and ate there for dinner at least twice.

For the time of year you are going, it sounds good. The only better rate I've seen is the Entertainment Book rate and as stated in a reply here, I don't think they are offering that any more.

I got the E rate of $119 for 4 nights in July. I thought I might be able to do better but now I realize that this is a pretty good price after all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter