Holiday Inn Disney Springs Area

cwis

DIS Veteran
We are planning a quick trip to Orlando early in May, and we have some points to spend on a IHG property. On our short-list is the Holiday Inn Disney Springs Area — but we also hesitate with the Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista.

I am a Diamond Ambassador in the IHG Rewards program.

To give more background to our trip, we don't plan on going to any theme parks, only Disney Springs, and, weather permitting, a water park (Typhoon Lagoon being the one open at the time of our trip).

It's confusing to search for reviews as there are so many Holiday Inn in the area with similar names, many of them IHE; also a lot of reviews predates Covid and things probably changed a lot since then.

Are there been any recent visitors of any of those HI? Specifically, we are interested in:
— Recent opinion of the breakfast — is it still a buffet, is there still an omelet station?
— Does anyone know the difference between the Standard Room Balcony and Standard Room Pool View categories?
— Lot of reviews mention it's best being in the tower. In what ways? Are there categories that guarantee the location?
— Does the hotel recognize loyalty in any way? Do we have any chance of a free upgrade to a fireworks view room (can't book that category with points)?

Thank you very much for any insights!

It has been a few years but we’ve stayed at the Disney Springs Holiday Inn a couple of times. We loved it!
The staff was excellent, food was good & location was really great.

We are planning a quick trip to Orlando early in May, and we have some points to spend on a IHG property. On our short-list is the Holiday Inn Disney Springs Area — but we also hesitate with the Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista.

I am a Diamond Ambassador in the IHG Rewards program.

To give more background to our trip, we don't plan on going to any theme parks, only Disney Springs, and, weather permitting, a water park (Typhoon Lagoon being the one open at the time of our trip).

It's confusing to search for reviews as there are so many Holiday Inn in the area with similar names, many of them IHE; also a lot of reviews predates Covid and things probably changed a lot since then.

Are there been any recent visitors of any of those HI? Specifically, we are interested in:
— Recent opinion of the breakfast — is it still a buffet, is there still an omelet station?
— Does anyone know the difference between the Standard Room Balcony and Standard Room Pool View categories?
— Lot of reviews mention it's best being in the tower. In what ways? Are there categories that guarantee the location?
— Does the hotel recognize loyalty in any way? Do we have any chance of a free upgrade to a fireworks view room (can't book that category with points)?

Thank you very much for any insights!
That is all I'd need to book Disney Springs hotel.

Thanks for sharing your experience with this hotel!

Now my wife just said she found a rate at the All Stars Movies Resort and I'm not so sure I'm thrilled. I get she says ASMo has a more authentic “Disney feeling” and a seemingly nicer pool, but I'm feeling like being “downgraded” if we go there instead of the Holiday Inn Disney Springs. Am I overreacting?

Thanks for sharing your experience with this hotel!

Now my wife just said she found a rate at the All Stars Movies Resort and I'm not so sure I'm thrilled. I get she says ASMo has a more authentic “Disney feeling” and a seemingly nicer pool, but I'm feeling like being “downgraded” if we go there instead of the Holiday Inn Disney Springs. Am I overreacting?
You’re being downgraded for sure.

I love the Holiday Inn at Disney Springs- easy location to walk to Springs (and all the Disney transport there) -I've had a balcony room facing the highway, not a great view- and rooms with a balcony overlooking pool area/Disney Springs. I much prefer the pool view of course,I like sitting outside and relaxing. Overall a great location, clean hotel, very pleasant. Never had the breakfast here (too many choices at Springs) but the free daily coffee is nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter