• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Holiday Discounts

jce2

Mouseketeer
The cast member Holiday discounts are up on the hub, but good luck trying to get a room in early December. There is very little available

Yeah my daughter just checked for a little later in December and its mostly deluxe resorts available

The cast member Holiday discounts are up on the hub, but good luck trying to get a room in early December. There is very little available

Turns out the holiday discount for the regular dining plan is $48.99 per person per day

Our daughter starts her program late January. If we want to visit her in March, how soon would she be able to see discounts and book room for us?

Our daughter starts her program late January. If we want to visit her in March, how soon would she be able to see discounts and book room for us?

Congrats to your DD! Our daughter was accepted starting in January also and was thinking the same thing!

Right now she has Feb 2. She'll be a character attendant, which was her first choice.
Are you flying down with her?

Right now she has Feb 2. She'll be a character attendant, which was her first choice.
Are you flying down with her?

That is cool! Our DD didn't get her first choice which was concierge. But, she is happy with what she did get. Full service food and beverage. I am not flying down with her because we already have a family trip booked 5 weeks before her program starts. Instead, I plan to go down in March which I thought might be nice for her to have a visit in the middle of her program. Are you going down with yours?

Haven't decided yet, depends if I get a good rate on a room.

She's staying still August. We're definetly going down twice. I have an AP that expires in April and go twice a year anyway.

Haven't decided yet, depends if I get a good rate on a room.

She's staying still August. We're definetly going down twice. I have an AP that expires in April and go twice a year anyway.

Our DD is only staying until May 15th. So we may only visit once since we also have our Dec. trip. We just got AP's for this first time last Nov and I just renewed them for the Dec. trip, so we were planning 2 trips out of it. Maybe now it could be 3......Also, if she decides that she wants to extend and that is an option she may want to stay until August too. But she didn't want to be committed to that right from the beginning.

She'll be able to see the discounts available as soon as she gets her HUB login information. Usually by the end of the second week if memory serves me correctly. Room discounts are limited and vary depending on whether the CM checks in with you or not. The rooms can be booked online through the HUB but some discounts require a phone call. My oldest daughter was in the program Spring 2013. My youngest starts her program in QSFB on Feb 2.

She'll be able to see the discounts available as soon as she gets her HUB login information. Usually by the end of the second week if memory serves me correctly. Room discounts are limited and vary depending on whether the CM checks in with you or not. The rooms can be booked online through the HUB but some discounts require a phone call. My oldest daughter was in the program Spring 2013. My youngest starts her program in QSFB on Feb 2.

Thanks Mike, she will definitely stay with us. At least that way we can see her whenever she isn't working. And Congrats to your DD for getting in too!

Thanks Mike, she will definitely stay with us. At least that way we can see her whenever she isn't working. And Congrats to your DD for getting in too!

Depending on where she is working and whether or not she has a car with her you may need to chauffeur her to and from work since she won't have convenient access to the CM buses from the resorts. Even though my DD had her car with her I still played chauffeur a few times because it was just more convenient for her. She worked merchandise in DTD and parking could be a huge mess especially since they started the DTD expansion work then.

Depending on where she is working and whether or not she has a car with her you may need to chauffeur her to and from work since she won't have convenient access to the CM buses from the resorts. Even though my DD had her car with her I still played chauffeur a few times because it was just more convenient for her. She worked merchandise in DTD and parking could be a huge mess especially since they started the DTD expansion work then.

I didn't even think about that. Just assumed she could take a bus to wherever she is working. She won't have a car and we weren't planning to either, but we could rent one while we are there. Don't know where she is working yet, only that is is full service food and beverage.

I didn't even think about that. Just assumed she could take a bus to wherever she is working. She won't have a car and we weren't planning to either, but we could rent one while we are there. Don't know where she is working yet, only that is is full service food and beverage.

It would be very difficult for her to use the resort buses. Disney does not like CMs to appear "in costume" to guests except at their assigned work location. It would be very lucky indeed if the CM bus that comes to your resort would also travel to her work location. Basically the CP housing is the central hub for the CM buses to fan out to the different work locations.

It would be very difficult for her to use the resort buses. Disney does not like CMs to appear "in costume" to guests except at their assigned work location. It would be very lucky indeed if the CM bus that comes to your resort would also travel to her work location. Basically the CP housing is the central hub for the CM buses to fan out to the different work locations.

Ok, thanks for that info. Glad I said something about it ahead of time! Now, I know what we need to plan for - rent a car!

OP, could you say more about where you saw this discount? My sister just checked on the hub for Dec 6 - 14 and couldn't find it. Do you have to call about it?

OP, could you say more about where you saw this discount? My sister just checked on the hub for Dec 6 - 14 and couldn't find it. Do you have to call about it?

You do have to call. My DD just called yesterday for the same week - they really didn't have anything that wasn't visible on the HUB. Mostly very expensive deluxe villas were available. The cabins were affordable for us but we decided against them. I ended up booking a POR room on my own - it was about $30 more than the cabins on her discount. I am kinda bummed but we knew we were gambling and we lost. Oh well! We are using her main gates and food/shopping discounts - I am very thankful for that!

You do have to call. My DD just called yesterday for the same week - they really didn't have anything that wasn't visible on the HUB. Mostly very expensive deluxe villas were available. The cabins were affordable for us but we decided against them. I ended up booking a POR room on my own - it was about $30 more than the cabins on her discount. I am kinda bummed but we knew we were gambling and we lost. Oh well! We are using her main gates and food/shopping discounts - I am very thankful for that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter