Holiday desserts. What's baking Dis?

eliza61

DIS Veteran
I always seem to make a deep dish apple pie, this year would like to maybe do some thing different.

What's on everyone's dessert menu?

Cookies of all kinds
A pumpkin pie
and probably a tollhouse walnut pie.

Pecan pie, pound cake, and pecan tarts (like mini pecan pies - they're for my sister, she loves them).

Traditionally I serve pumpkin pie, sweet potato pound cake, and for every occasion something chocolate. This year's something chocolate is a truffle style brownie dish made with Ghirardelli chocolates to try and keep things simpler. Decided last night that with time so tight I'll have to ax the pound cake, which breaks my heart because it's my fave.

My kids request every year a chocolate fudge/ cream cheese marble pie I make for Thanksgiving dinner and pumpkin chocolate chip muffins for breakfast.

Today is baking day in the Tina house!

Baking up two deep dish pecan pies and homemade carrot cake.
I'm also making up some mini pumpkin cream cheese bread loaves.
And it's not Thanksgiving at my house without banana pudding so making a very large banana pudding.

In a couple weeks I am having a dessert party.
Making a variety of cookies
Mini pecan pies, peanut butter cup cheese cake bites,
red velvet cake, and a brownie trifle.

Pecan pumpkin pie
Cheesecake with pretzel crust

I'm making a pumpkin pie and apple tarts. I will also buy a small cheesecake-my SIL is expecting and she loves cheesecake, so I've got to make mom-to-be happy. :thumbsup2 My brother and SIL will bring a Blackout Cake (it's to die for). My other brother thinks we have too many desserts for 9 people. :p

I'm making apple and pumkin pies, and I'm contemplating making a gingerbread bread pudding with sticky toffee sauce, but not sure how to keep it warm - I'm going to my cousins for dinner so would have to bake it at my house before.

Icebox chocolate eclair dessert, apple pie, pecan pie, chocolate chip cookies, maybe a lemon something and Ruth Chris sweet potato casserole. There will be twelve of us eating. Almost as many desserts as people!

I am making the dinner this year, so I bought the pies. Mrs. Smith pumpkin and Dutch apple.

Cookies, with shortbread and hermit cookies being the most important. Christmas (fruit) cake. Angel food cake, for DH's 'just before' Christmas birthday. Apple pie. And, if I feel ambitious, butter tarts and mince pie.

I always seem to make a deep dish apple pie, this year would like to maybe do some thing different. What's on everyone's dessert menu?

I'm making Ohana bread pudding with banana foster sauce and vanilla ice cream. We can't wait to have it! Lol

I am making mini pumpkin pie bites. DH will make some contraption he calls marshmallow salad. It is involves whipped cream, canned fruit cocktail, jello mix, and marshmallows. I find it gross but DS loves it.

One of the ladies coming over will be bringing apple pie and cupcakes.

I've been in charge of dessert in my family for over 40 years now... just when I figured out that my Mom NEVER bakes unless it's Thanksgiving or Christmas and it was too long of a year to wait! :lmao:

We always have sweet potato pies, they are a tradition in my family. We always make enough for all guests to leave with one.

This year I'm making

Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese frosting
Marble Cheesecake
Chocolate Layer Cake

I am THRILLED to find a NON DAIRY cream cheese that I have been experimenting with to make my desserts. I'm am horribly lactose intolerant and was sick for two weeks last year after eating a cupcake with cream cheese frosting. Now I'm able to make what I can eat and NO ONE knows the difference! :thumbsup2

I always seem to make a deep dish apple pie, this year would like to maybe do some thing different.

What's on everyone's dessert menu?

We go out of state on Thanksgiving. There are usually more than 18 people present .... The hostess makes her homemade Apple Pie.

I BUY a pumpkin pie to bring.

I will BAKE: Cherry Pie, Peach/Cranberry Pie, Chocolate Cupcakes (put together to look like Turkeys - so cute) and Chocolate Chip cookies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter