• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Holiday Decorations

consultant

Mouseketeer
Does Disney have it's Holiday Decorations (and Christmas Overlay on some of the rides) up by Thanksgiving?

Definitely. They are usually up the first Friday of November, but two years ago they waited until the second week... I don't remember what date they put up the tree this year because we didn't go until Thanksgiving week this year.

We went mid October last year and the Haunted Mansion had already received its holiday overlay. Two years ago we went the day of Thanksgiving and Small World had the holiday overlay.

Two years ago we arrived at DL on Nov 09 and by Nov 11 all of the decorations were up and the HH and Small World were up and running with the holiday decorations. We found it to be a great time to go because the holiday crowds had not really started, last year we went on the 16-22 with Thanksgiving being the 23 of November and wow, the decorations were great, the weather was unbelievable and the crowds were there but what the heck it is DL all you need is a little patients!

Last year (2006) the first date for the decorations and the Holiday Fireworks was on November 17. Althought the holiday decor was not complete, there were signs posted that the following day they were going to be taping for the Christmas Day Parade :yay: . My boyfriend and I got up early and went the next day to check it out. It was a lot of fun and kind of weird screaming "Merry Christmas" on November 17! :rotfl:

I sure didn't miss it on Christmas Day :happytv:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter