Holiday decorations / activities between Thx and Christmas

itutorfortravel

I tutor high school math to pay for my travel addi
Hi all,

Been looking at booking a Christmas cruise in 2010, but with the huge difference in price between that week and perhaps the one before, we are considering backing up our date a week and letting DD miss a week of school...the week b4 Christmas is usually pretty much all parties anyway at her age.

I know the standard decorations would be up, but would the gingerbread house be up, would the kids club have holiday crafts, would they have holiday themed characters, shows, family activities, etc.? And would they still have snow on CC?

Oh, and how about story time with Mrs. Claus? Would that be onboard the week before Christmas? How about Santa?

TIA...;)

We took a 7 day cruise a few years back in the first week of December. All the christmas decorations including the gingerbread house were up. There were Christmas related activities during the week. The one I remember the most was building and decorating a Gingerbread house with my son.

I can't remember if we had storytime with Ms. Claus. My son was beyond that stage in his life.

We had a blast and are planning on doing it again maybe next year.

There are navigators posted from a couple of our December cruises. Mrs. Clause read to the children twice and one of those times the entertainers sang the Night Before Christmas with her showing the pictures in the book. It was beautiful!!! There are crafts planned and you can make your own gingerbread house. The Characters appear in their holiday outfits for pictures one day and were also dressed like that when we boarded the ship and were wandering around the first afternoon. There is a tree lighting with the characters in the atrium too. I really missed all of that on the PC repo as it was the first time in five cruises that the ship was not decorated for the holidays. Oh, CC has a snowblower on the dock behind the tree and showmen. :) The kids love seeing that!

These are from 2005 and though the kids clubs no longer have the seperate navigators and the format is different the activities were the same when we went the same week in 2006.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/DCL-Navigator-Eastern-Dec/index.htm

Thank you so much! It sounds like the weeks leading up to Christmas are really great in terms of what they do on board...perhaps we will decide to take DD out of school to go before Christmas and save ourselves a couple thousand dollars!

Thank you so much! It sounds like the weeks leading up to Christmas are really great in terms of what they do on board...perhaps we will decide to take DD out of school to go before Christmas and save ourselves a couple thousand dollars!

We are going December the 12 through the 19 this year on the Western. Our daughters will both miss a week of school , we have done this three times and it has been worth it. The rates are amazingly low.

We rebooked onboard for Dec 4 2010 and the onboard booking agent told us all the normal Christmas activites will be up and running.

Cool! I didn't even think of any of that stuff... We just booked on the Magic Western Dec 12 - 19 too... sounds like fun!

The only thing that only happens on Christmas Day is the visit from Santa. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter