Holiday Carol Swap Progress - ? in last post

Sorry I'm not on much, but I am working my carols! :cool1:

And, I'm fine with whatever was decided on (my second) O Holy Night. :goodvibes I'm making an extra copy of my carols to start a book for my MIL and can add O Holy Night to hers (if I get 2 copies).

Plan to mail my on Monday.

AWM: I'm planning something for a hostess thank you for your book. Which orientation is your book (5.5 in as the width or the height)?:confused3

Thanks,:flower3:
Paulette

Mine has the spine on the short side. I have most of my carols going vertically, like the recipe examples.

Checking in, I'm going to finish these this week. I am having troubles with the mary did you know song, I don't know what to do with it. I WILL have these done on time ;) I've made it top priority and it's the only swap I have out there

You can just make it pretty, using some solid textured paper & ribbons. Some of the songs, it'll be impossible to find just the right embellishments to go with the theme. So don't feel like it has to have a picture of Mary or baby Jesus or little lambs. Look through the paper and let it speak to you.

I can't believe it! I'm done with my carol - yes I only did one! I was unhappy with the embellishment planned to use and went shopping today - found the right thing and finished them up a few minutes ago.

AWM - I'm going to try to mail them before Thanksgiving but will let you know when they were mailed.

Just had to share my excitement - when I told dh I was done, he just said "huh?"

I am done too. They are all boxed up to be mailed tomorrow. I'm not sure how happy I am with them, I was having major problems finding embellishments. They look nice, but it's mostly paper.

OK, I changed my mind, too, about 2 of my songs and hope to finish them up tomorrow. Going to pick my daughter up from college :cheer2: and she may have other plans for my day! Then, will get my son from college on Wed :woohoo: and load up the entire family (DD18, DS18, DS12, DH and me) to head to grandma's for a few days.:dance3:

Hopefully, will be able to mail them Wed morning. If not, then Sat or Mon (depending on when we get back home). I'll post to let you know when they are actually in the hands of the USPS!:scared1:

Can't wait to get these into a book!

Thanks for hosting,
Paulette

AWM, my stuff is postal! Mailed it last night. Can't wait to see what everyone else has done. I finally decided that less is more and mine look very nice.

I will be gone from the computer until Friday.
DH will be here tomorrow to get the mail and there is no post on Thursday. I will be back before mail run on Friday.
I'll update the list when I get back.

Safe travels to those who won't be home and Happy Thanksgiving to all.
except Mazda, she gets a happy just because day

Hooray! And I can get rid of that dancing turkey :lmao:

Just wanted to let you know I just mailed my carols so they should be there in a few days. DC03071790000544660374. Hostess thank you gift will be mailed in a few days (sorry I didn't get it finished today but I'll finish it at grandma's and mail it when we return).

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving Day!:yay:
Paulette

Just to let you know I am doing Sleigh Ride in my last group- I checked to make sure knowone else is using it before I choose it. I have my songs ready and embellishments choosen but I probably won't put them together until next week. I will have them mailed in time though.

Rebecca

angelmom, yours arrived in the mail yesterday. I got to look at them today. Wonderful work!!
Thanks for the gifts. Those knives are sooo cool. I've never seen them before.

Glad they made it there. I can't wait to see everyones carols.

Mail Call!

DRM-Got yours today. Very nice border. I never even think to do that to the edges.

Liv4Diz - Holey Canoley! That is some awesome piece work on your carols. I love the Mommy Kissing Santa & The Friendly Beasts. You really spent a lot of time on these. They look amazing! Wanna trade my Winter Wonderland for your Mommy Kissing Santa?

Mine are done and will go postal on Monday. I finished last Sunday but honestly, this week just had too many other things in it to worry about the PO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter