Holding Points

wishicouldgomoreofte

Mouseketeer
This morning I got a call from Member Services in response to a survey I had taken.
In the course of the conversation, the CM (she indicated she is at a supervisory level) said I could reallocate my points that are in holding for a reservation I already have when the 60 day time frame is reached. She said she recommends it.
I thought holding points could only be used on current availability---I would have to cancel my reservation and then rebook it with holding points. I did not think Member Services would just reallocate them.
Has anyone ever had Member Services do that? And she said it didn't need to be a supervisor to do it, any CM should be able to.
Am I wrong? That kind of seems like cheating and circling around the whole purpose of the 60 day time frame if they can just be reallocated for an existing reservation.

My understanding is that yes, there would have to still be availability at the 60 day mark. But, if there is, then you can ask them to swap out the points and use the holding vs. the other.

My understanding is that yes, there would have to still be availability at the 60 day mark. But, if there is, then you can ask them to swap out the points and use the holding vs. the other.
Yes, that is my understanding too. It would not be right to just take an existing reservation and just reallocate the holding points. That completely circumvents the 60 day timeframe. The reservation was made at 5 months, not home resort or home resort advantage or anything.
I wonder what she was thinking. Oh, it would make my life so simple if it were true.
While I didn't believe that was correct, she said she was a supervisor. I had a few seconds of elation.

They tend to forget the ifs and buts when giving advice like that. If there is availability; but you have to book a new reservation; if you cancel first and can pick up the same inventory...

Definately not true, but, as a supervisor, she may have been called in to make an exception like that in the past, and not realize it was an exception.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter