Hold time for reservations

DisMom1981

DIS Veteran
Tried calling WDW reservation line twice today and was on hold for several minutes so I hung up both times. Is this normal?

Same here. Recording said less than 6min i was on hold for 20min and hung up. Have been trying to get through for days to make some changes and never get anyone. When I called to book I didn't wait a min...

I feel like its been like that for a week or so! I'm a chronic resort changer and I've never had this much trouble getting through! :rotfl:

I haven't called since last week :cutie: but apparently it's still the same.

zy144622 said:
Same here. Recording said less than 6min i was on hold for 20min and hung up. Have been trying to get through for days to make some changes and never get anyone. When I called to book I didn't wait a min...

Same here.....it's like they know why I'm calling or something!

On another thread the same question was asked and from what I read the phone lines have been tied up today because of annual passholders being able to call to schedule for the fantasy land previews. Apparantly the phone lines were a mess today. Maybe tomorrow will be better?

Ugh. Me too. I called four times this afternoon to make a minor change. The first time the recording said "over 45 minutes" then "over 30 minutes" twice. The third time there was no warning so I just stayed on the line. 35 minutes before I got through. Good to know the reason, anyway. Thought I must be missing something.

Last week was pretty crazy with the discounts being released. Today it was a madhouse on the phones because of the passholder preview booking disaster.

I'm in the same boat with the reservations line.

I waited 15 minutes this morning to do a resort change before I had to hang up. When I tried back just after noon eastern I was told it was an 11 minute wait but I was on hold for half an hour before I finally hung up.

During that time, I finally got a chance to get online and saw that the resort I wanted to book had no more availability!! So back to drawing board with alternate resorts.

Last time I tried just after 8 pm it said the wait time was 45 minutes.

I think I'll book the new resort online and just call another time to cancel the other one outright.

Glad to know that this isn't usual!

On hold now. Been on for 67 minutes....still nada

I called at 8:57. 3 minutes of voice response. 71 minutes of hold. 10 minutes with the agent.

Ugh...I'm over an hour now on wait time. I'm hoping for some relief soon. I'd hate to give up now.

On a positive note, during my wait I've organized my tupperware cabinet, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, and cleaned up the kitchen from breakfast. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter