Hold Time for Member Services Today

Samoyed25

Earning My Ears
I've been on hold waiting for member services for 40 minutes this afternoon. I had the same wait yesterday. Anyone know why the wait is so long this weekend?

It must be Thanksgiving and the time up to the beginning of December 2014.

I gave up late last week, sent a few e-mails to get my business done. Do you have to talk to MS?

I don't think they have as much staff on weekends. Plus they are having to deal with the Magic Band/FP+ issues.

I waited for 40 minutes on the 27th.that was 11 months out for Thanksgiving so they were slammed. That combined with the lead up to the first week of December.... These are typically the busiest DVC times of the year. And I'm sure they are shorter staffed on weekends and possibly the holidays.

I've been on hold waiting for member services for 40 minutes this afternoon. I had the same wait yesterday. Anyone know why the wait is so long this weekend?

It's not just this weekend. About 2 weeks ago I called to buy AP's and it was the same way. I was on the line for almost 50 minutes. First, holding to get a CM, then holding while she asked someone something, the computer was having a glitch apparently. I'm wondering if tons of people are calling in about MyMagic+. My friend said she's called twice in past week and on hold for 45 minutes each time :confused:

UPDATE: I have been on hold for 50 minutes and counting!

I have been using the Chat function to make changes and corrections to things on my DVC reservations. They have added room request, made name spekking corrections and answered loan payment questions. I wonder if you can make other types of trip planning through the chat feature

thanks

Judy:woohoo:

I have been using the Chat function to make changes and corrections to things on my DVC reservations. They have added room request, made name spekking corrections and answered loan payment questions. I wonder if you can make other types of trip planning through the chat feature

thanks

Judy:woohoo:

I tried using the chat feature the other day while I was on hold to drop off the last day of my stay at GCV. I had been on hold for over 30 minutes when I asked if I could drop the day over via the chat, and the representative told me I had to do that on the phone. This was Friday, I ended up being on hold for 45 minutes before finally getting through. I was able to get the day dropped off. On Thursday night I finally just gave up because it was getting so close to 7:30 and I figured any person I got that late would not be very happy.

Are these wait times always the case? Or just during the 11 and 7 month booking period for Thanksgiving?

It's definitely not just today. I have been rearranging some things with some transferred points that I got (so it has to be done over the phone since I can't access them online like I do my own points), and every single time (about 5-6 times) I have called since early November has been at least a 30-40 minute wait. The only time it wasn't like this was this past Friday morning, I literally dialed MS at exactly 9:00a when they opened and got through right away. Every other time I have called (no matter what day or time, weekday, weekend, early, late) it has been no less than 30 minutes, and upwards of 45 min!

Called yesterday first thing. My wait time was about 20 minutes. A little annoying but just put it on speakerphone while I enjoyed my coffee. More importantly I got my 2 BR at VGC for the dates I wanted.

Called yesterday first thing. My wait time was about 20 minutes. A little annoying but just put it on speakerphone while I enjoyed my coffee. More importantly I got my 2 BR at VGC for the dates I wanted.

I also put it on speaker phone while waiting. :thumbsup2

Do the surveys and report the long wait time! It's been bad for several weeks.

over 20 min wait today, but at work so just popped it on speaker. Nearly forgot about it by the time they answered. Did the survey. Should have been harsher about the wait time but I expected it due to this thread and the holidays. We are at skeleton crew at work ourselves.

I agree hat the increased wait times are not a very recent phenomenon. I have had to move several things around over the last few months and have waited, for the most part, 15-45 each time. I did get lucky once and get someone right away. Called back later and had a 15+ minute wait. My feeling is that they have cut staff significantly once the "chat" feature was added. I don't recall such consistently increased wait times being discussed this time of year previously. I have not had much luck with the chat - everything I ask about requires a call.

I too was on hold for almost 45 mins. I put it on speaker and completely cleaned my bathroom while waiting. Thehold music soundtrack had issues and kept cutting out and back on again or it would have been great to listen to while cleaning.

wonder if the wait times are to force people to use the site?
Most of the calls are probably due to MDE issues and those cannot be fixed by using the website.

Also, this time of the year has historically been very busy as members want reservations for the very popular Holiday time at WDW. At least some of those calls are to modify reservations and that can't be done using the website, either.

IMO, the long hold times are a temporary thing and do not warrant a long term fix such as hiring more CMs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter