• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hola Amigos - Western Carribean Update

Live From the Magic

Earning My Ears
Yes it is I, TnRobin, Live from the Disney Magic here with your most updated information about the Western Carribean Cruise. We are having a blast.

I am exhausted from all of today's fetivities so I will make this kinda brief.

Pre-boarding items. I swear check-in this time went faster and smoother than any of my past cruises. Hats off to the staff.

A Mariachi (SP?) banc was set up on a platform and play for us. The characters in the terminal were all dressed in Mexican gear.

Instead of the typical white glove signs to wave, we were given lime green signs which had the date and inagural cruise on them (yes lime green)

Dining Rotations. I am not quiet still clear on all the details but here it is in a nut shell. Formal night will be on Monday and Semi Formal dress is requested for Thursday Night. We will be in AP both nights. I am being told that AP will have the "Show" on Monday night even though it is formal. Apparently we will be doing the rotation menus on Sat, Sun and Mon. I guess this means we will all eat from our regular rotation resturant menu on Formal Night. I am being told that a Mexican menu will be prepared on of the nights. I will try to find out more.

New Castaway Club member gift - in lieu of the duffle bag we received a very nice and plush beach towel that says Castaway Club on it. I love it.

I will be back later with more details.

Castaway Cay pins - I had two pins waiting in my room when we returned from Dinner. I was totally surprised. They are adorable, they are of Capt. Mickey at the helms. Along with the neat CC pins, a wonderful note from Capt Henry welcoming us to the Inagural Cruise and a lithograph were waiting.

Disney is limiting the issuance of the Inagural Pins to two per cabin per day until Wednesday. This will give everyone a fair chance to get a pin.

There are other neat merchandise commemerating this cruise can be found in Mickey's Mate. I am eyeing the tote bag and t-shirt.

Forgive me for not remembering his name, but the actor who supplies the voice for Pumba is here and will be doing a couple of autograph sessions and an question/answer session later in the week.

I am not sure if this is new or not. I do not remember anyone talking about it lately, but they have instituted a few measures to help with the backlog of people leaving the ship at ports of call. If you are not on a Disney excursion, you are to go to the Walt Disney Theater and get a character sticker. They will be calling out character name through the first few hours of being in port. You will go to the gangplank when your character is called.

Shirley - Matthew loved the basket and the Cream Soda. You always do such a great job.

I also ordered a chocolate tray from Magical Treasures. It has a 3-D sculpted Mickey and a Scoceror Hat made of chocolate on it. That was a very nice surprise.

We have a Navigator Veranda this cruise - I LIKE IT. It is so cozy and quaint.

Deck 10 was a sea of tied-dyed lime green t-shirt at castoff. We had a blast. Joe of Joe and Joanne did a fabulaous job of making everyone lanyards and name tags. Thanks Joe - you are fabulous.

Thank you SO much for an update! I am soo jelous of all the cruisers but i know you all will have a FABULOUS time!

Thanks for the information. We wish we were there with you. Sounds like your have a great time...hope so.:bounce:

Sounds like you are having a BLAST!!!! Wish I was there to play loud music in the cabin next door. :D :D :D

Aren't the Naviagator verandah's neat. Of course we can only get them when we cruise without kids.

Dave

Hi Robin! :) Thanks so much for the update! I knew they were changing the Castaway Club gift to the towel, I just didn't know it would be so soon -- very cool!

You guys enjoy Key West tomorrow and we can't wait to hear more! :sunny:

I told you in post we would be waiting to hear...! Keep us posted!
Is tropical night the same........or Mexican night???????
:Pinkbounc Hope:Pinkbounc

Sounds great, Robin!! Can't wait to hear more details!

Thanks Robin, can't wait to hear more. Enjoy, enjoy! And have an extra one (of something) for me. Twinave:bounce:

Hello TnRobin! It sounds like the cruise is off to a great start! Keep the details coming! My mom and I are anxiously awaiting the June 22nd Western Carribbean cruise. Six weeks from today we will be cruising toward Key West just like you!

HockeyHeather :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:
I believe in Disney magic :earsgirl: and in Bowling Green State University hockey! :)

Hello Robin,
Sorry I missed you yesterday at the Radisson - Saw a river of green - couldn't miss the bunch when I walked in - anyhow got to meet a few including Joe and Joanne - what did you think of Joe's "new" hair style? Man I wanted to tag along so bad - anyhow glad it has started so great - did see the staff dressed with the mexican hats - did they do the mexican dance? Sounds like everyone is having a wonderful time - today is Key West day -I know that is cruise is going to be one of the best for everyone - Disney does do it all the way - anyhow have a blast and let us know from time to time what is happening.
God Bless you and yours.
Always
Shirley

ps glad the basket was enjoyed

Thanks for the update Robin! I couldn't stand the wait for a "live update". Wish I was there. It's tempting to drive to Key West today to party with everyone but it's Mother's Day and I will be celebrating with my mom at Disney Vero Beach.

Say hi to Goose for me if you think of it (and ask them what time dinner is on Saturday- I'm trying to get a sitter:rolleyes: )
And- how did they like the whipped cream?:D

thanks for the update! I woke up yesterday morning and told my husband today is the day. he could not understand why I was so excited for all of you innaugural cruisers as ours is not for another seven months:D Have a great time!!! ann

Very cool! Glad you're all having a great time! I got pics of you all as you passed Grill's and will post 'em when we get home from our trip :)

Thanks for starting your cruise report so soon. DD and I are with you all in spirit. Enjoy Key West today. Happy Mothers Day to all you Moms on board! Am eagerly waiting to hear every teeny weenie itsy bitsy detail of this much anticipated western cruise! It doesn't cost to dream. God Bless every one of you with a safe and joyous cruise filled with light and love! Carolyn

Robin,

Thanks for the post. We will be following you on the next Western (May 25) and only 13 more days to go. This will be so exciting. You all have a great time

Pam

Awesome Robin!! Thanks for your post!! It sounds like a great start....keep us posted on all the details!! The Castaway Club gift sounds great!! and all the extras from being on the inaugural!! Hey if you think of it...tell us what the weather was like in each port starting with Key West!! from the cam view it looks like a great sunny day...how HOT was it??!! Also, if you can....tell us what is the best excursion to do in each port?? Thanks for all you do!! Happy cruisin!!! Only 9 months for my turn! :)
Enjoy, Laurie

Thanks Robin for this great update!!! We will be in your shoes on the May 25th Western cruise and I can not wait to hear every detail. Keep the details coming!!! I know that you are having a fabulous time and it makes me more anxious for our turn in two weeks. We will keep checking on your updates daily. Thanks again.

Jeanne C

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter