Hojo's rooms - Bldg 2

kirstie101

DIS Veteran
Has anyone stayed in building 2 at Hojo? How was the frwy noise? We might switch our rooms over to the deluxe queens. They are all in building 2 and face the Garden Pool...
TIA!
Kirsten

We were in a NQQ2 room (building 2 facing the garden pool) last Feb, and it was very quiet. I didn't hear any freeway noise at all, unless we were outside walking to the parks. Never had any problems with noise at all during our stay there. Hope that this helps you out.

No noise at all other than pool noise :) have stayed in building 2, 4 or more times. I lose count! Lol great hotel I prefer building 2 :thumbsup2

I just booked a deluxe queen room in bldg. 2. I was wondering how much further the walk to Disneyland is? Also is it far from Castaway Cove, my kids will want to be there a lot.

We have stayed in 4 different rooms in bldg 2. 3 of our 4 rooms were very quiet and 1 was noisier than I expected. If you go to this link and scroll to the 3rd page you can see the way bldg 2 is shaped.

We've had a room right at the bend - very big rooms - but no table and chairs even though there was plenty of room. (our room # was 2319)

One near the elevators that are on the right side of the "u" shape. We've had one near the other side of the "u" on the left (Conf. Room) side. All of those rooms were very, very quiet.

We've had ground floor, 2nd floor and 4th floor and liked all of them.

Our last room that we had in bldg 2 was at the VERY end near bldg 5 and for some reason we could hear more freeway noise. I don't know if it's the angle or just that there weren't any other rooms insulating us or what. NOW - it was NOT that noisy, just noisier than the 3 other rooms we'd stayed in. None of the bldg 2 rooms actually face the freeway. There is a long hallway with rooms on the "inside" of the "u" shape. There are windows in the hallway that face the freeway and you can see the traffic and hear the freeway noise when you are walking to your room, but none of the rooms actually face the freeway.

We always take a white noise machine with us and that makes a big difference since it can block out anyone in the halls or any outside pool noise, or fireworks or whatever.

We are staying at HoJo again in Nov. (fingers crossed) in a Kid's Suite (bldg 1) which I know faces the freeway - so we may need another white noise machine - one for each room.

:)We've stayed there twice. The first time, we had a room on the top floor at the end of the building nearest the freeway, and it was noisy. On our last trip, we stayed on the 2nd floor in the middle of the building and it was so much better!...really quiet and no freeway noise. So, I'd recommend mid-building, mid-floor if possible.

:)We've stayed there twice. The first time, we had a room on the top floor at the end of the building nearest the freeway, and it was noisy. On our last trip, we stayed on the 2nd floor in the middle of the building and it was so much better!...really quiet and no freeway noise. So, I'd recommend mid-building, mid-floor if possible.

Would you specifically request 'mid building mid floor' or shall I ring to request 'quiet room' - we go in 3 weeks and are in building 2 - being in a quiet room is important to us - I chose building 2 due to good reports on this board as others have said that all the rooms are quiet but now I am not so sure..

Thanks for all the great info! I think I'll give in house reservations a call and see if they have enough rooms for us to switch.

:)
Would you specifically request 'mid building mid floor' or shall I ring to request 'quiet room' - we go in 3 weeks and are in building 2 - being in a quiet room is important to us - I chose building 2 due to good reports on this board as others have said that all the rooms are quiet but now I am not so sure..

We absolutely love building 2, and yes, for the most part, it is very quiet, so the reports that you read are accurate. On our first stay, we just had one of the possible rooms where you would hear freeway noise. I had heard that the noise was worse on the upper floors, so I requested the 2nd floor, and a "quiet" room. We didn't get our request....maybe my request was too late. For our second trip, I requested to be away from the end of the building nearest the freeway (I was more specific that time), and on the 2nd floor. We did receive our request that time, and our room was perfect. The last time, we checked in on a Sunday, during off-season, so maybe they had more rooms available and it was easier to fill our request. I would ask for a lower floor and specifically a room away from the freeway end of the building. They can't always guarantee requests, but this worked for us.

Our last room that we had in bldg 2 was at the VERY end near bldg 5 and for some reason we could hear more freeway noise. I don't know if it's the angle or just that there weren't any other rooms insulating us or what. NOW - it was NOT that noisy, just noisier than the 3 other rooms we'd stayed in.
We had this same location last October; end of the hall on the second floor near Bldg. 5. Freeway "noise" didn't bother us; we didn't really notice it unless a truck downshifted abruptly or used the "Jake brake." It isn't like there is constant honking and bumper-to-bumper traffic. We spent so much time in the parks, though, that when we hit the bed, we were all dead to the world.

I had building 3 when is stayed. Ground floor room, nice and shaded! The freeway was close to my building. I didn’t seem to really hear it not as much as I heard the train bell and monorail horn! Not that those sounds were bad or anything :)

I would think that being near the pool would be a great view also!

This is my first post, yeah! :cool1:

I have been on this board for a year or two and have received so much great information, thanks! I just felt compelled to actually sign up today and reply to this post because I have such a strong opinion on this. We stayed in Bldg 2 and had the most noisy room ever. It was right were the curve of the U is and I suspect that the window next door was located right about where the headboards to our beds were. The folks ran their A/C all day and all night long and we heard a constant loud humming. I heard it through my earplugs even. I called to complain and they did nothing about it, and I requested a quiet room beforehand. So be sure to request a room on the straight part of the U to avoid this situation or you might be really unhappy.

This is my first post, yeah! :cool1:

I have been on this board for a year or two and have received so much great information, thanks! I just felt compelled to actually sign up today and reply to this post because I have such a strong opinion on this. We stayed in Bldg 2 and had the most noisy room ever. It was right were the curve of the U is and I suspect that the window next door was located right about where the headboards to our beds were. The folks ran their A/C all day and all night long and we heard a constant loud humming. I heard it through my earplugs even. I called to complain and they did nothing about it, and I requested a quiet room beforehand. So be sure to request a room on the straight part of the U to avoid this situation or you might be really unhappy.
just wanted to say howdy! DisneyGaGa! Welcome and love the name :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter