HOJO room request

kymom99

DIS Veteran
I just booked 3 nights at HOJO for July, based mostly on the advise given here. I settled on a 2 queen deluxe room, which the reservationist said faces the pool. I am interested in finding out if there is a particular room or floor I should ask for. We will be arriving late the first night and plan to be in the parks every evening so view isn't really important. I'm thinking of noise and convenience. Any suggestions?

Also, I made my reservation over the phone and was given a confirmation number. However, the woman did not take an email address and therefore we didn't get an email confirmation. Is this standard practice for them?

We stayed there twice. If you have one of the building that are only two stories I'd call them back and ask for building #1 or the other larger building on the site. The other buildings DO NOT have elevators and if you are using a stroller it is a pain to get up and down. Also the rooms in the other buildings to me seemed smaller. Building one is easy access in and out of the hotel and the hotel store and arcade are in that building. I suggest using the satelite on google maps and take a look at the layout.

AFAIK, all deluxe 2 queens are in building 2 facing the pool. We've been in building 2 twice, and its super quiet. Each floor has an alt layout room, on the inside corner. There's no balcony, but the room is bigger. Works great for our fam of 5. HTH!

ETA: Double checked and yes, deluxe 2 queens are building 2. And they have elevators. Here's a link to what you booked. If you click "download room layouts" you can see the diff room layouts, and if you scroll down there's a map of the whole property.

http://www.hojoanaheim.com/what-you-get/rooms

We love building 2 and always reserve a room there. The only issue we had was when we were given a room on the top floor, near the end of the building nearest the freeway. We could hear the freeway noise pretty clearly there. After that visit, we requested to be near the middle of the building (on a lower floor), and it worked out great. Also, you can put in a request for a balcony if you'd like one. Overall, building 2 is very quiet and the view overlooking the pool is nice. :)

We have stayed on all floors in building 2. All were just lovely.

My favorite room that they've given us were the rooms where the building "bends." They are enormous! At least the ground level rooms of this type do not have balconies, not sure of the 2nd floor and up.

Building 2 is much more serene than Building 1, in my opinion. Even though everyone complained about the trees in front of Building 1 blocking their view, I still think removing many of them was a huge mistake. That was such a charming feature... and one that Building 2 has held onto.

AFAIK, all deluxe 2 queens are in building 2 facing the pool. We've been in building 2 twice, and its super quiet. Each floor has an alt layout room, on the inside corner. There's no balcony, but the room is bigger. Works great for our fam of 5. HTH!

ETA: Double checked and yes, deluxe 2 queens are building 2. And they have elevators. Here's a link to what you booked. If you click "download room layouts" you can see the diff room layouts, and if you scroll down there's a map of the whole property.

http://www.hojoanaheim.com/what-you-get/rooms

Thank you for pointing out this link. I have looked at the hotel website before, but have never at this page. The map is helpful. What did we ever do before the internet?? :love:

Thanks, everyone for the replies. When I first looked at the map, I was afraid that building 2 was way in the back, and would make for long walks. When I looked at it more closely, I realized it is sort of sideways and building 2 is actually alongside Harbor. Am I right about that??

We just stayed in Building 2 on the third floor in the wing that parallels Harbor. It was very quiet and we really enjoyed our stay.

Thanks, everyone for the replies. When I first looked at the map, I was afraid that building 2 was way in the back, and would make for long walks. When I looked at it more closely, I realized it is sort of sideways and building 2 is actually alongside Harbor. Am I right about that??

Hi kymom99! Building 2 is one of our quietest buildings! Since it is a curved building, it is closest to Harbor and the highway, but it is built so all of the rooms face our garden pool. If you are concerned about the noise, we can definitely put a note on your reservation to be in a quieter room, and we will do the best we can to accommodate it for you. Please PM me or call our in-house reservation team at (714) 776-6120 and we’d be happy to help you.

Hope this helps!
-Kriss :)

Kriss, I absolutely LOVE that you follow the posts on this board and give your input! I will send you a PM when I get to my reservation number.

Thank you for your help in making our trip magical! :love:

One other thing to realize is some of the second-floor rooms in the two-story buildings have large curved windows that have no covering on them. It's good for those people who need the morning light to help them wake up and bad for those who need absolute darkness in order to sleep.

The front desk told us you can specifically request to have them, or to not have them if you have a preference.

I have a different perspective, I have always stayed in building 1 (facing Disneyland--Disneyland view) and when we tried building 2---we realized that building 1 was so much better! There really is no comparison in my book. The rooms are bigger in building one (and that doesn't even include the balcony)--and are called "premium" rooms for a reason.

We have a family of five, and space is always a priority for us--but the view is a priority too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter