HoJo Pre-Payment...No Bueno

iKristin

88 MPH
I have been staying at the HoJo once or twice (last year three times) a year for quite a long time and have ALWAYS paid in advance without ever having an issue with it. I called today to do the same thing I always do and was told that I could not pay in advance unless it was 10 days or less, and it had to be mailed as a check or money order. I asked the girl if this was a new policy and she stated it wasn't, which I then stated of course that I have always paid in advance and have never been told I couldn't. I prefer to pay in advance so that I know it's covered and I don't have to worry about that extra money sitting on my credit card. After hanging up with the Anaheim location I contacted the reservation number, who then told me that my reservation was a prepaid reservation (AP discount), so it was supposed to be taken off my card right when I made the reservation (which didn't happen). I explained that I had always paid in advance and was never given an issue for it. She explained to me that she didn't understand the conflicting information. I gave up and just said I would pay at the hotel when I got there, but that I was not a happy customer after years of doing the same thing every time.

I love staying at the HoJo, I just wish they would get their facts straight since neither person gave me the same information. And if my reservation was prepaid well then HOT DOG I already paid for it and didn't know it ;) A free hotel stay would be AWESOME haha. So I guess there's no more prepaying. Sorry folks.

Are you SURE when you called the first time that you were talking with in-house reservations actually onsite there in Anaheim? I've asked for them before only to be transferred to the 800#.

I am staying at Hojo in late March and I sent off my pre-payment check (after talking with one of the in-house res ladies) and it has cleared. So I know they do still do it...I'm wondering if you were talking to general res instedad.

I have the HoJo Anaheim number in my contact list and that's who I called (714 number) and she said it had to be 10 days or less before my reservation time in order to send a check. I've always just paid with my card over the phone. Same card every year.

I called general res second and they gave me completely different info lol so I gave up

I have the HoJo Anaheim number in my contact list and that's who I called (714 number) and she said it had to be 10 days or less before my reservation time in order to send a check. I've always just paid with my card over the phone. Same card every year.

Since you got two different stories this doesn't matter much, but I just want to know it for informational purposes. If you call the Hojo Anahiem direcetly at thier 714 number and they can't pick up or it's out of office hours it will ring through to the national reservation office.

OP I'd see if maybe Kris will see this or send her a PM. I'm sure they will try to work this out with you.
http://www.disboards.com/member.php?u=50424

Yeah, I don't know. When I called they said "Howard Johnson Anaheim" so I thought I'd gotten the actual hotel cause it's the same number I always call. It only rang once before the girl picked up, but it's possible. I just find it odd that I am getting completely different info from the same company. I have the Howard Johnson Reservation number in my phone as well and called that one second and they said "Howard Johnson Reservations" when they picked up.

FYI, even if you call the 717 number you can and will be transferred to the central reservations 800 number. I know because it's happened to me numerous times. We had a period of time that we went monthly and stayed at the HoJo almost every time. I would call them back tomorrow just to double check. Also note that they will tell you they are in house reservations even when they aren't.

I too have called the on-site/in-house res line and been transferred to the 800line.

If I recal correctly there are only 3? ppl working in-house res onsite and their names all start with a "K"....so if you get Annabelle you aren't talking to them haha.

Call back, can't hurt! Ask specifically "are you yourself physically located in Anaheim"

Hi Kristin:

We don't pre-charge credit cards because we find that folks often change or cancel reservations, and processing refunds can really cause frustrating issues (especially with debit cards). There are some discounts for multiple night stays which state that they are "pre-paid", but even on these we obtain an authorization at check-in for the expected total and charge the total at check-out. The Central Reservations call center will tell you that we pre-charge for this type of reservation (including retro rates), but we do not. I'm sorry the mixed messages cause confusion. I hope this clears up your questions. We'll see your family in April!

Jonathan
GM

FYI, even if you call the 717 number you can and will be transferred to the central reservations 800 number. I know because it's happened to me numerous times. We had a period of time that we went monthly and stayed at the HoJo almost every time. I would call them back tomorrow just to double check. Also note that they will tell you they are in house reservations even when they aren't.

I have called multiple times where I am transfered the the central reservation people and I have learned to just hang up and call back later and try again for Hojo's actual reservation dept. I get conflicting information every time I talk to the central res people and they never know what I'm talking about, have trouble finding my res and don't know about rules, discounts etc.

Totally understand why they are there as back, but still, kind of frustruating. Especially when you call Hojo, ask for the res people and then someone picks up asking what hotel I am looking for. Umm..the one i just called?!:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter