HOJO Internet Access

kaci

Mouseketeer
So, it gets reported pretty regularly that Hojo's wifi usually runs on the slow side. Do they also have wired access in room? If they do, and you've used it, was it significantly faster?

I'm thinking about bringing a router but don't want to bother if it's not going to garner me any real advantage.

We stayed in a standard double at HoJo a few weeks ago. The wifi was very slow, and there was no access cable in the room.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

We recently upgraded to 100mb fiber access and allocate 3mb per user. We also have ethernet connectivity available on request. I'm continuing to install additional access points to ensure Wi-Fi signal strength to every room.

Jonathan

We stayed at Hojo mid-October. All I can say about the wifi is that it is HORRIBLE!! So very slow. I tried to YouTube a ride on my ipad to see if DS would like it and I could not watch it. The video would play for a second then stop. Play for two seconds then stop. Then, I'd push play over and over and over and it would not run. It stopped before it could even play for one second each time I pushed the play button. After 10 frustrating minutes, I finally gave up. I tried again later that night with the same results. Same with the second night. I didn't see any access cable in the room. If that is the "upgraded" access, I'd hate to see it before that.

The horrible wifi combined with no breakfast of any sort were discouraging to us. The final nail in the Hojo coffin for us, however, was not getting the connecting rooms we were promised. This seems to be another major complaint about them. We booked two rooms so our young kids could sleep in one room connected to ours. There was no way I would let them sleep in a room by themselves without supervision. So, essentially, we paid for two rooms on the first night when we could really only use one.

Then, we were promised that they could meet our request for adjoining rooms on the second night and that they would move our luggage for us from the old rooms to the new. When we went to the office that morning to give them our keys, they hassled us about moving the luggage and tried to say that since they never do that for anyone we must be mistaken about the promise.

After all that, I will look for another place to stay for our next trip to DL. More info than you wanted to know! Sorry about that. It did feel good to get it all out though! ;)

We recently upgraded to 100mb fiber access and allocate 3mb per user. We also have ethernet connectivity available on request. I'm continuing to install additional access points to ensure Wi-Fi signal strength to every room.

Jonathan

This is good to hear. I'll be staying at HoJos in 10 days and life is always better with good wifi

Jonathan

Thanks for the info, Jonathan! About how recent was the upgrade?

I think I'm going to go ahead and bring a cable JIC, gotta get all those pics on Flickr ASAP for my adoring audience back home ya know? :rotfl2: So, I can just let the front desk know when we check in than I would like wired access as well?

Our connection was bumped up to 100mb fiber optic 2 weeks ago. We allocate 4mb (not 3 as I wrote above) per user for Free. If you have any issues, please contact the Front Desk. We can set up an ethernet box in the room if you'd experience Wi-Fi issues. I'll be installing what should be a "bullet-proof" setup in the Buidling 1 Tower in a few months, but I have a working solution for now. I'm a tech guy so I understand how important this is for my guests!

JW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter