• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hojo Entertainment Rate AND Dis discount?

CinderSnowPeas

Adjusting My Tiara
Does anyone know if they do both of the above, or just one, whichever is less?

How would you suggest a person who does not have an entertainment card go about booking? Should I book using the DIS code, wait to see if the Retro dates are the ones I will be there, THEN buy the book and call to have the rates changed? Or will the ent. rate always be less and I should just invest in the card now?

Thanks for your help!!

It depends on when you are going. They don't always give the entertainment code rate. We use the laughing place rate for 15% off (LNLR), but we usually go at busy times ie. spring break and summer vacation.

You can't combine the two rates. I would book with the DIS rate, then keep checking the ENT rate calendar to see if your dates pop up. These days there are usually only a few days a month that they give it--some months don't have the ENT rate at all. It really depends on how many rooms they are selling.

You can book using the ENT rate if your dates pop up, then buy a ENT card off of Ebay. I bought mine for 1.00.

You can't combine the two rates. I would book with the DIS rate, then keep checking the ENT rate calendar to see if your dates pop up. These days there are usually only a few days a month that they give it--some months don't have the ENT rate at all. It really depends on how many rooms they are selling.

You can book using the ENT rate if your dates pop up, then buy a ENT card off of Ebay. I bought mine for 1.00.

OP, you don't present the card until you check in at the hotel. You won't actually have to have it in your possession when you book the rate. Just make sure you have the proper year's card for your dates of stay. The cards/books for 2011 expire 10/31/11. The 2012 book runs 11/1/11-10/31/12.

Actually, you can. I've emailed Willy, and he said it was no problem to use the Ent. rate for the days it was available, and he would apply the LP rate for the other days.

I think the PP meant you can't get the ET rate and then an additional DIS board discount (or any other kind of discount) off the same night you already got the ET discount on. You are correct that you can use one kind of discount for one or more nights of your stay and a different kind of discount off other nights of the same stay. We used to do this with our ET card and AP card before they extended the "retro" rate discount to the AP cardholders as well.

Sorry to jump in the thread... but there's a Dis discount?

I don't remember any of the codes, but I think there is a DIS board discount. I know there was one for MousePlanet, and someone mentioned one from the Laughing Place website. There's a bunch of codes floating around from various websites Hojos sponsors. My friend used the MousePlanet one this summer. It was for 15% off, no entertainment card required. She just booked online using the code.

LNDB I believe, is the code for the Disboard discount, and I believe that offers the same 15% discount as Mouseplanet, etc.

I am pretty sure that you can only get a 20% discount at Hojo's if you are an annual pass member.

...MousePlanet readers can save up to 20% off...

This is a misleading ad Hojos has placed on the MousePlanet website. If you click through, you find that MousePlanet readers save 15% with the use of the provided code. Then it is noted that you can "save even more" with an AP and use that to get the 20% discount. You do not need to be a MousePlanet reader to get the 20% AP discount, but even if you are a MousePlanet reader, you don't get the 20% discount without also being an AP holder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter