Hojo Disney view

michelle1

DIS Veteran
I just booked a premium Disney view room but I read somewhere that those rooms can be a little noisy and the pool view rooms are much quieter. The view is not really an issue but I chose those rooms because of the balcony and they apparently have nicer bedding. Does anyone know if my info is correct? Also, there is a thread with a layout of Hojo's grounds and I've searched but can't find it anywhere.....thanks for your help:)

Tower 1 is only noisy if you are on the end near the freeway. If you request a room closest to the lobby end of the bldg., you will be fine.

When are you going? The HoJo is in the process of changing out all their beds and bedding, so depending on when you are going, this may not be an issue at all. Some of the rooms in Bldg. 2 (by the quiet pool) have balconies as well.

Here's the link to the grounds map. Scroll down to page 3.

http://hojoanaheim.com/pdf/room_layouts.pdf

I stayed in this type of room last year. It was at the end of the building and it was very noisy from the highway! If the balcony is your reason for staying in the room, I would maybe rethink it. The balcony is very narrow. Pretty much standing room only. You can see the fireworks from it, but that's about it. The Disney view is more or less the top of the Materhorn. We are going again in May and have opted for the pool view. Not for the view, but it may be quieter and it is cheaper. Sorry, I can't help you with the bedding.

We have also booked a Disney View Room and after looking at the layout link that Danger Mouse provided and then looking at additional pictures on HoJo's website, I have another question about the Disney View Rooms.

Do those rooms have the arched cathedral windows? :confused3 Our family loves to sleep in the dark, dark and although many guests may love that type of window, it would not be our preference.

Geesh...talk about picky! ha

We have also booked a Disney View Room and after looking at the layout link that Danger Mouse provided and then looking at additional pictures on HoJo's website, I have another question about the Disney View Rooms.

Do those rooms have the arched cathedral windows? :confused3 Our family loves to sleep in the dark, dark and although many guests may love that type of window, it would not be our preference.

Geesh...talk about picky! ha

Only the rooms on the top floor have the vaulted ceilings with skylights. If you prefer a darker room, just request not to be on the top floor.

Thanks DangerMouse!
Our family leaves on Saturday, so you'll be free of having to respond to my crazy questions! ha
Thanks again!

So even with a Disney View room you can still be placed near the freeway? Do all the buildings have Disney View rooms? I'm confused now. LOL

Were actually booked for a Disney view room now, although I don't know what building we'll be put in.

I stayed in this type of room last year. It was at the end of the building and it was very noisy from the highway! If the balcony is your reason for staying in the room, I would maybe rethink it. The balcony is very narrow. Pretty much standing room only. You can see the fireworks from it, but that's about it. The Disney view is more or less the top of the Matterhorn. We are going again in May and have opted for the pool view. Not for the view, but it may be quieter and it is cheaper. ...

My experience was similar to carole88's. Carole88 probably stayed in a room near the southwest corner of building #1.

Here's a thread from last November that discusses the Disney View rooms.

Last October I stayed in room 1603 (building #1, 6th floor), and even though the room was on the "Disney View" side of the building, JMHO, there was still a little bit of freeway noise that sounded like "white noise." It wasn't that bad, and my wife didn't even notice it, but all things being equal, I would have preferred a quieter room. Room 1603 is located near the southwest corner of building #1.

ETA: Please ignore the next paragraph, which is highlighted in red. See posts #9 and #14 below; they correct my mistaken information.:blush:
Before my stay I had read that the rooms in the southwest corner of building #1 had a little freeway noise, but I didn't bother to try to get a (quiet) room closer to the northwest corner. But having experienced it, I would recommend getting a room that's closer to the northwest corner. You will also get a better view of the Matterhorn from the rooms near the northwest corner. The rooms in the northwest corner of building #1, on the 6th floor, are 1619, 1617, 1615, and 1613.

In the thread that's mentioned above, disney-super-mom stayed in Room 1613, and she said that her room was quiet.

(I have also heard that the rooms with the pool view in building #2 are very quiet.)

The "Disney View" is fine, but it may be one of those things that if you experience it once, then you might not care one way or the other the next time.

(I think the "Disney View" rooms are only found on the west side of building #1.)

HTH :earsboy:

SS Columbia, I'm going to have to disagree with you here. The farther north you go in Bldg. 1, the closer you are to the freeway. The freeway runs north of the HoJo property, against the backside of Bldg. 2 and curves around the north side of Bldg. 1. The loudest rooms in Bldg. 1 will be the ones on the north end of the building. You will also have a bit more freeway noise on the top 2 floors of the tower because you are above the freeway wall/barrier. So the loudest rooms will be on the top floor, north side.

My first stay at the HoJo, I was in the northern most room on the top floor of Bldg. 1, and learned my lesson. I needed earplugs to sleep. After a long talk with Willie Simpson, Sales & Mktg. Manager, he told me to request the southern rooms in Bldg. 1, or even better, Bldg. 2 deluxe rooms, on my subsequent visits

So even with a Disney View room you can still be placed near the freeway? Do all the buildings have Disney View rooms? I'm confused now. LOL

Were actually booked for a Disney view room now, although I don't know what building we'll be put in.

Jen, all the Disney View rooms are in Bldg. 1. If you want to ensure a quieter room, request one that is not on the top floor, and is at the south end of of the bldg. HTH! :goodvibes

We were in a Disney view room last weekend. At the beginning of Jan, we had a non Disney view room. Both were booked at the Ent. Rate. We liked the Disney view room better, it was a little bigger, had a microwave and a view of the trees....I mean fireworks. LOL There were trees in front of our window partially blocking our view but we could still see them well. Both rooms had balconies, they were about the same size and they can be locked from the inside. :) FWIW, if I was going for more than a couple of nights I would book the Disney view room, but if it's just a weekend trip we will probably just book the standard room. We also felt closer to the parks from our room with a view, the standard room we were in was all the way in the back of the parking lot. But, on the other hand we still had to park in the lot closest to Harbor, the lot closest to our building was full. But that worked out better for us anyway. :)

Oh ya, we hate rooms with tons of light, we like to sleep in a dark room. The room we had had normal windows with blackout curtains that we pulled when we went to bed. The only *noise* issue we had was parents who let their kids run screaming up and down the hallway outside our room...ummmm, people are still sleeping...it is only 6 am!!!!

Here's a thread from last November that discusses the Disney View rooms.

In the thread that's mentioned above, Disney-Super-Mom stayed in Room 1613, and she said that her room was quiet.

This room was quiet and we didn't hear any freeway noise at all. It's located more towards the center of the sixth floor (on the west side that faces DL), so we had serveral rooms on either side of us to help absorb any exterior noise.

However, the first time we stayed at the HOJO, we did stay in one of the Disney view rooms on the top floor with the cathedral ceilings, and we could definitely hear the freeway noise in that room. (Plus, there's no way to block out the light coming through the dome windows, so yes, they are nice and bright early in the morning.) Since then, we've always asked to be on a lower floor, and I'm happy to report that we haven't had any problems with noise.:thumbsup2

Jen, all the Disney View rooms are in Bldg. 1. If you want to ensure a quieter room, request one that is not on the top floor, and is at the south end of of the bldg. HTH! :goodvibes

Thanks, that helps a lot actually! I had no idea! When should we make our request? Now or when we arrive?

Thanks, that helps a lot actually! I had no idea! When should we make our request? Now or when we arrive?

Make your requests now so it will be noted on your reservation. Reconfirm the request at check-in. They will do their best to accommodate your requests, but will not guarantee any.

Okay so now I'm wondering this. We booked a Disney view room in hopes of seeing the fireworks from our room, but clearly that is an "iffy" proposition. Sooo, in light of the main pool being closed for renovations during our stay (likely the months of April, May and June closure)...here are my thought and questions.

1. Are the "disney view rooms" near that will-be-closed main pool? If so, would it be better to be closer to the garden pool that WILL be open if that's the one we will be using. Also I don't know if I want a view of a closed pool under construction...

2. Can you see the fireworks from the Garden Pool? I know there has been discussions that the view from the hot tub and kiddie pool section is great for the fireworks. Any comments on the firework view from the Garden pool?

3. I know that the premium view Disney rooms have microwaves now. Do any of the others that you know of?

4. If we were to watch the fireworks from some other location other than our room/pool, is there somewhere in say Downtown Disney that we could see them from?

Gracias~

Make your requests now so it will be noted on your reservation. Reconfirm the request at check-in. They will do their best to accommodate your requests, but will not guarantee any.

Thanks, I dropped our pal Lorealle an email with the request of a room on the south side of building 1, that's not on the top floor. Even if it's not guarenteed I feel better at least requesting it. :)

1. Are the "disney view rooms" near that will-be-closed main pool? If so, would it be better to be closer to the garden pool that WILL be open if that's the one we will be using. Also I don't know if I want a view of a closed pool under construction...

The main pool is the closest pool to Bldg. 1. It will take you about 90 seconds to walk from the door of Bldg. 1 to the garden pool in the back of the property. Your Disney view isn't really of the pool, it's mostly the Monorail, Matterhorn and Space. You should have a decent view of the fireworks even if you have to scoot to one end of your balcony to avoid a tree limb.

2. Can you see the fireworks from the Garden Pool? I know there has been discussions that the view from the hot tub and kiddie pool section is great for the fireworks. Any comments on the firework view from the Garden pool?

You can't see the fireworks from the garden pool or Bldg. 2. The building itself blocks the view.

3. I know that the premium view Disney rooms have microwaves now. Do any of the others that you know of?

The only other rooms that have microwaves are the suites now that they have done away with the home office rooms.

4. If we were to watch the fireworks from some other location other than our room/pool, is there somewhere in say Downtown Disney that we could see them from?

I hear the view from the esplanade is decent, as well as the top floor of the Mickey & Friends parking garage. Of course, the best way to see them is from the hub so you can enjoy the projections and see tink fly.

Dangermouse- Is the view effected at all if your not on the top floor in a Disney view room? Or is it still pretty much the same?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter