• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hocus Pocus 2 the movie

old lady

DIS Veteran
I do believe they should make a sequel of Hocus Pocus and this time have it as an original Disney channel movie instead of a theatre release. They should also have an evil wizard or warlock who accidently bring them alive but decide to sacrifice them. They should be alliances with children this time around.

This film is so inconic to my childhood that i hope they dont reboot, sequel or do anything with it! - its a great movie and its got some nostalgic value for alot of people, one of those films that plays every Halloween and if they made a sequel i think it may reuin it, the kids from the film are all grown up now and i doubt they could get them to reprise them! knowing disney they would probably stick some of there home grown Disney Stars in it and ruin it! lol

just a note for the OP also; Hocus Pocus started life as a script for a special original film for the Disney Channel, to be produced by one of the smaller studios owned by The Walt Disney Company. The script, however, caught the eye of Walt Disney Studios, who decided that the film was strong enough to carry well-known names and to attract a cinema audience. The idea to cast Bette Midler was partly inspired by Midler's Golden Globe-nominated performance in a milestone motion picture for The Walt Disney Company on its Touchstone Pictures line, Down and Out in Beverly Hills. Midler, who plays the central antagonist of the film, is quoted as saying that "Hocus Pocus was the most fun I'd had in my career up to that point."[

found this on wiki;
In July 2014, it was announced that Disney was developing a supernatural-themed film about witches, and that Tina Fey was on board as a producer and star. However, Deadline debunked rumors that the film was a sequel to Hocus Pocus.
Bette Midler said she is ready and willing to return. She also says her co-stars Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy are interested in reprising the roles of the Sanderson sisters as well. Disney has yet to greenlight any sequel.

I would love to see Bette Midler in a sequel (or even Prequel) to Hocus Pocus. Just hope that if it does happens they go full blown musical. Good Disney musical like Newsies and not bland Disney musicals like High School Musical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter