Hockey game..?

Madame

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any experience with going to a hockey game in Tampa, specifically over Christmas week?
I'm wondering about drive time & cost. TIA!

The hockey ticket prices all vary depending on who they are playing, I am looking at doing a Washington Capitals game at our Thanksgiving if they are playing at home and I think the schedule is due out around June 10th - ish!

As for the drive, again depending on weather you are looking at a good 22 hours drive, we did it in 2 days and with breaks it was 12 hours in the car day 1 and 14 hours day 2. Lots of options for staying in Tampa and I guess if you are staying Christmas Day you might find it pricey.

Lots of options and choices, happy planning

The hockey ticket prices all vary depending on who they are playing, I am looking at doing a Washington Capitals game at our Thanksgiving if they are playing at home and I think the schedule is due out around June 10th - ish!

As for the drive, again depending on weather you are looking at a good 22 hours drive, we did it in 2 days and with breaks it was 12 hours in the car day 1 and 14 hours day 2. Lots of options for staying in Tampa and I guess if you are staying Christmas Day you might find it pricey.

Lots of options and choices, happy planning

Thanks! We are staying at CBR, so am wondering about travel time to Tampa for a game. It will be just my DH going so hopefully it won't be too expensive.

I would say about 90 mins from WDW to the rink in Tampa. We went early, around 2pm so we beat rush hour on I4.

once you have dates and know when they are playing you may want to check stubhub for tickets to see if you can get them cheaper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter