Hobby Pin Collectors: What 'themes' of pin do you collect?

I collect extinct attraction pins (Horizons) Also Belle and Tinkerbelle. I also collect festival pins (FW, SWW, and F&G):thumbsup2

I collect Disney Cats for the most part and any pins I can find from my favourite movies. Unfortunately I seem to be a fan of movies that are all on the obscure side, and not as easy to find in pin form, e.g. The Great Mouse Detective, Robin Hood, The Aristocats, The Three Cabelleros. And my boyfriend - pin collecting partner in crime - is always on the hunt for Scrooge McDuck. Oh and I'll buy any Tower of Terror pin, I'm obsessed.

I don't know if this the case for all Disney stores, but the ones in Canada at least seem to have stopped selling pins, so our opportunities to buying pins are fairly infrequent. It's very much a slowly growing collection.

i collect any that I like. I'd like to get one of each character that I really like. I like the idea of Disney Dogs since I love Disney and am a dog person. I have alot of pirates, Pluto, and Mickey. I have a photo frame with all the Disney cats and those would be cute too! I also would like to get one from each holiday. I just started collecting last February, so I don't have a big collection yet.

I collect Figment pins! At WDW that's pretty easy - at DLR, it's a bit more of a challenge, but still lots of fun.

I also collect Stitch pins and Chip & Dale pins.

I too collect figment pins! He is my most fav character. I also collect the resort pins as a nice memory.

I am a former figure skater...so for me the only pins I have kept and still look for is any pin with any Disney character on ice skates. These are REALLY hard to find and I generally only pick up about one each year. It is a bit easier in Olympic years when Disney often does a pin or two, but still really challenging.

I am also a former Cast Member at the Disney Store in NYC...so I do have a small collection of CM and Disney NY specific pins.

I also treasure my Scoop Sanderson Pin Trading Pin and one of the first official Disney Pin trading logo pins.

All in all I have whittled my collection down to only 2 shadow boxes, but will keep looking for skating pins. If you see any, let me know! LOL

Linda

My collection is pretty varied, but I'm currently collecting Nurse pins and DLR 2011 Hidden Mickeys. I was trying to collect Alice in Wonderland pins since I'm a huge fan of the animated movie, but it's really difficult as there are a lot of die hard fans out there, many pins are very limited, and prices on 2nd hand market are high for a lot of the really nice pins.

I like to collect haunted mansion and villain pins. Also, I always pick up any special event pins for things going on while I am there. Stuff like holidays, anniversaries, openings etc. I very much prefer buying limited editions. :thumbsup2

I miss the pin selection that was at the old NYC store. The new store just has some NY related ones now so it is harder for me to get my hands on them.

For me it's Figment, Figment and more Figment with a smattering of Tink, Mickey, Hanukkah and Halloween pins tossed in for fun.

I had well over 3,000 pins but have been thinning them out little by little as I have moved over to collecting Vinylmations these days. I get more enjoyment out of them vs pins. PM me if you actually are interested in why the change.

I will admit that i went out and got every Reveal/Conceal pin (all 20) last month and now I have over 500 Figment pins and counting....

This is an older pic - I have finished this board and spilled over to 2 others just for Figment....

DSC_4035.JPG

Originally I collected the 2004 olympic pin series, but it's expanded into holidays (Christmas, halloween, etc...), anything with a picture of Walt, Pieces of History, certain limited editions, dory pins, stitch pins, all of the DVC, Annual Passholder, Disney Visa Card...

While supporting my collection, my parents also go into it. Now we collect anything Figment or anything else that catches our eyes. We really like a lot of the pins that have some sort history or memory we can attach to them. We actually got the box set of the monorail pins and we're going to put some of our old e-tickets that have survived through the years in there.

The girls and I go to DLR a few times a month for short trips and pick up one pin each each trip. I try to get ones that show rides, shows, characters the first time we go or see them. Other than that, the girls pick out what they like from the rack pins.

Our latest favorites have been the boxed mystery pins. They are a great deal and sometimes you get fun things and we can trade amongst ourselves easily without dealing with the shyness of trading in-person though quite a few of the CMs are great with nervous kids and the girls love showing the characters "their" pin. Some cute pictures and a lot of great memories.

Personally, I collect things from my childhood that I recall loving. The extinct attractions, the movies and characters I loved. I also like the retro Mickey and Minnie.

Well I'm new to collecting, but I looooooooooooove Sorcerer Mickey. I collect Mickey and Minnie with a smattering of princesses and other things.

DH collects Donald and villians.

I have a few different pin collections going now. I collect patriotic, Piglet, Grumpy, Chip and Dale, Haunted Mansion (The magazine cover ones, the mystery box ones and I just got the stretching portrait ones on our last trip) Star Wars ( Vinyalmation, Muppets versions) favorite ride pins, regular vinaylmation pins and I almost forgot POTC pins. Whew Dh needs to get a second job so I can continue my collecting :lmao:

One oF my sons did mouse heads. Love his collection - he has various pins from the countries at Epcot, lots from F&W, and some other really cute ones. His twin did Chip and Dale. My younger two just find pins they like. All four of them are going to start new collections this trip. We'll see what they decide on. Here's hoping everyone picks something different......don't want arguing over who saw the pin first. It's much more fun when they're all helping each other out!

Pin Trading isn't as common in the UK where I am - they only really introduced it in our Disneystores over the last year or 2, so I've only just really started collecting.

I collect Nightmare Before Christmas and Alice in Wonderland (animated) pins as these are my 2 favourite films. I also have a few Rex pins as he's one of my favourite characters, but I have been trying to get hold of some more Villains and Halloween themed ones when I go to Disneyland Paris. We're off to WDW this October so I'm hoping to come back with a suitcase full of em!

i haven't been collecting long, but the pins I tend toward are Figment, Kermit/Muppets and Sorcerer Mickey.

I've also been shopping ebay for pins that have a special meaning to me...pins from 2000, the year we had our honeymoon in disney, pins from rides/attractions that I love and resort pins. Our trip in May will be my first trip trading and I can't wait :).

I like to collect Disney cats and Tower of Terror pins.

Although I have a few from many other categories as well, such as princesses and Mickey and Friends. And I also like to get trip specific pins when I visit the parks, like one for the resort we stayed at, or an attraction I really enjoyed.

I have been collecting since 2000 and my pin themes are Tinker Bell, patriotic, transportation and food related

I'm still just starting out and I usually just pick ones I like but my main themes are:

Tarzan
Earthy (F&G festival, topiary, etc.)
Lady and the Tramp
Lucifer (cat from Cinderella)
Dinah (orange cat from Alice and Wonderland)
Mice from Cinderella
Ariel
June/Gemini-themed

That's a lot of themes... ::yes::

I collect Tinker Bell and Minnie pins plus pins from parks and rides from WDW, Disneyland and Disneyland Paris. I also collect small sets of pins that I like the theme of. DH collects Star Wars pins.

I collect the princess & cruise ones.
DH has Star Wars
DD14 has Jamine, Pirates of the Caribbean & Villians
DD2 love anything with Mickey or pirates

We collect ones out of our "theme" if it's something we really like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter